New to folders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue1

For the last few years I have commuted (short distance) on an old rod braked BSA, but he is now in need of a full restoration. I have taken him off the road (temporarily) and needed a new commuter.

I decided on a folder so I could put it under my desk and reduce my weight not carrying a lock.

I am now the proud owner of an eBay purchased £18 non-working bickerton portable, which will be working by Monday or I have a 12 mile walk!

Looking forward to joining the folding scene, also looking forward to having 3 gears on the commute!

Is it one of the original 70's bikes?

roley poley

Über Member
A 12 mile commute on a rod brake single speed ,I tip my hat to you for your past journeys wishing you easier ones on a working 3 speed folder

OP
OP
B

Blue1

I think it is mid 70s, gears all now select after a bit of tinkering, lovely old sturmey archer hub. Oddly the headset appears to have a nylon thread which was fun. New tubes and tyres, interested to see how the different sized wheels work, is this normal on these small wheeled machines? All working now except the front brake, i'll fix that at lunch time tomorrow, ran out of time!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I had a Bick a while back. 16" inch rear and 14" front IIRC.
That's atypical of folders, or indeed bikes in general. Mostly they have both wheels the same size.

Top Bottom