New to forum from Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

big vally

Hi all, I’m from the NW edge of Glasgow and I’ve always been fairly keen on cycling, but past few of years I’ve found that my former main pursuits of climbing and hill walking have started to slide in order to do more riding. I have a road bike, a cyclo cross, a single speed and a trekking hybrid. Mainly keen on tarmac bashing and get out reasonably regulary doing 25 to 100mile runs depending on time constraints. Also do a 16mile round commute all year round. Most riding is done on my own although it would be nice to have more roadie mates…anyone? Also thinking about joining a club…anyone recommend any Glasgow ones in particular?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
wave.gif
big vally and
wave.gif
to CycleChat
thebiggrin.gif
!

Good shed-load of bikes there
thumbsup.png
and good to have you adding to CC
biggrin.gif

There are quite a few CC folk from the wet
rain.gif
side of the country ...
whistling.gif

I'm sure they'll be along soon.

Attachments

• wave.gif
    wave.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 31

Fran143

Über Member
Hello :hello: and welcome from Ayrshire! Quite a few cycle clubs in this area like Fullarton Wheelers, Ayr Roads etc......not too sure about your area.:rolleyes:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Hiya big vally :hello:

My only experience of Glasgow clubs is the VC South and that is pretty limited; on the Trossachs Ton (or some other Sportive) a few years back they came by and invited me to tag on; they seemed to be a friendly club anyhow :smile:

*** Speed Alert*** !!!
hyper.gif

If those guys came past HLaB
eek2.gif
- they are seriously quick !!
Laie_76A.gif
Laie_76A.gif

surrender.gif

Attachments

• Laie_76A.gif
    Laie_76A.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 28

sayek1

Johnstone Wheelers always gets lots of rave reviews. I've not joined a club yet as too many other things going on (golf, kids etc) I can't justify I'd be a regular attender. I generally head out with a pal or two once in a while when I get the chance at weekends.

However, there are plenty of sportives around well worth doing in Scotland - a new one tonight I picked up on was the Sportive from Balloch on the day of the Scottish Bike Show in April next year. Easily at least one per month from Apr to Sep within about 1-2 hrs drive.

Good luck.

OP
OP
big vally

big vally

Wow, what a friendly bunch you lot are...so many replies after making my first post only 24hrs ago :smile:

Thanks for the big welcome and all the advice regarding clubs.

I am aware that there are numerous clubs in the Glasgow area, but I suppose it's getting the one that 'fits' me. I went through this many, many years ago for a climbing club and ended up in what I regard as the best mountaineering club in Glasgow. Looking for the same result with a CC. Would like one that is a.) very active b.) not too hung up on formalities and c.) is generally just a bunch of mates all into cycling and bikes.

MrRidley

Wow, what a friendly bunch you lot are...so many replies after making my first post only 24hrs ago :smile:

Thanks for the big welcome and all the advice regarding clubs.

I am aware that there are numerous clubs in the Glasgow area, but I suppose it's getting the one that 'fits' me. I went through this many, many years ago for a climbing club and ended up in what I regard as the best mountaineering club in Glasgow. Looking for the same result with a CC. Would like one that is a.) very active b.) not too hung up on formalities and c.) is generally just a bunch of mates all into cycling and bikes.

I sometimes go out with these groups, both are very good and not at all like cycling clubs http://www.grcm.org.uk/ and
http://ctcglasgow.or...ntpage&Itemid=1

Oh and hi from a fellow Weegie.

Top Bottom