New to me Harry Quinn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Very Nice :becool:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I've never seen a drilled steerer before!

I know people have done nuts stuff to save weight, but that seems like total insanity to me.

I was a bit taken a back when I dropped the fork out.

Just back from a 12 mile ride on it and I can honestly say that it's lovely to ride, but might need to think my routes out due to the range of gears .

AndyRM

XOXO
I was a bit taken a back when I dropped the fork out.

Just back from a 12 mile ride on it and I can honestly say that it's lovely to ride, but might need to think my routes out due to the range of gears .

I'm not surprised... Obviously nobody wants any part of their bike to fail, but the fork would probably be top of my list, closely followed by the seat post.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Apologies, I wasn't having a go at this thing of beauty, I just meant in general.

Never thought you were so don't worry

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I'm not surprised... Obviously nobody wants any part of their bike to fail, but the fork would probably be top of my list, closely followed by the seat post.
Yeah, does seem a bit pointless tbh - holes are too small to remove much mass, but then on the up-side probably also too small to significantly weaken the steerer tube either.

I suspect the highest stressed point / most likely area of failure would be at the base of the steerer tube / where it meets the fork crown; which thankfully looks untouched :smile:

Nice :smile: a proper one and not a Falcon. There is a Harry Quinn frame register to check the frame number. Can't make it out on my tablet.

Just looked again and it has no chainstay bridge, I wonder if it's a Pongo frame that's been refinished. Can you make out the number? The Q in the number if it has one might be made of a zero and an l

Interesting!

Do you mean like this ? Found on my Viking.

DSC_0217.JPG

GuyBoden

Guru
Wow, that's a very nice, very high quality Harry Quinn, there were lots Harry Quinn bikes in the NW during the 1970's-80's. I think because they were built in Liverpool. Drilling seemed to be common in thoses cycle racing days. Good to hear you are out on your bike again.:okay:

Top Bottom