New to the forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Hi everyone as you've guessed new to the forum! Just recently bought a Thorn Sherpa best bike I've had the pleasure of owning so far I will put pictures up when able to do so. Currently just riding to work but wanting to do some distance riding so any advice greatly appreciated.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Just build it up in steps. There's plenty of tips on here if you search. Good luck!

OP
OP
Thorn Sherpa

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Cheers mjr had a ride to Sheffield from Doncaster not so long back down on the Pennine Trial nice ride out if not a bit muddy! Like you say build up slow, enjoying the forum

OP
OP
Thorn Sherpa

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Welcome to the forum. Thorn makes brilliant tourers. I have one of their old eXp models (1999) and it has about 80,000+ miles on it now, still going strong. Yours will take you anywhere in the world you might want to go. Enjoy!
Hi hoopdriver it has been a brilliant bike so far spotted it on ebay at a good price and couldn't resist! Wow some mileage I'm looking forward to getting out and about on mine

Brains

Legendary Member
I have a Thorn Normad, 2002 version, a mere 28,000 miles on the clock to only just worn in.
It's taken me to a dozen countries around Europe over the years

OP
OP
Thorn Sherpa

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
I have a Thorn Normad, 2002 version, a mere 28,000 miles on the clock to only just worn in.
It's taken me to a dozen countries around Europe over the years
99% of the time my Thorn has just been taking me to work and back a 20 mile round trip! Glad I bought it most people I've spoke to have said their workhorse's

hoopdriver

Guru
Yes, indeed they are absolute workhorses. Mine has taken me around Europe and parts of Africa, but for the past few years it has been my go-to bike for riding year round. Tomorrow it'll go on another 35 mile spin through the Sussex countryside. It has proven to be utterly reliable and a pleasure to ride.

OP
OP
Thorn Sherpa

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Good to hear how reliable they are, never ridden abroad bet that's some experience. My Thorn hasn't left South Yorkshire yet never mind the Uk

hoopdriver

Guru
Mine has thousands and thousands of miles on it...in Sussex. Yes, it has been to quite a few countries, and all over Britain, but it's best and most brilliant use is the wonderful sense of escapism and travel it provides me on a daily basis as I spin along the local lanes. South Yorkshire is a lovely place to ride - plenty of people would pay fancy money to ride what is just outside your doorstep - and you gave the perfect ticket to explore it all.

jags

Guru
Great bike the Sherpa nothing seems to faze it ,i put Schwalbe supream Tyres on mine full Shimano xt group set great bike.
but i now ride the Thorn audax love it .
yeah so load up that sherpa and get a good tour done ,BTW theres a guy selling good set of tyres on the thorn forum £12 super buy.
http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=12603.0
best of luck with the new baby stay safe and keep her clean.

Top Bottom