New to the UK, but not cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Catrike 700

Regular
New to the Huntingdon area, and looking for fellow riders. Church on Sunday limits Sunday rides, but Saturdays are great. I ride a 2013 Catrike 700 recumbent trike. Only other trikes or recumbents I've seen at all around the area are the other 4 Catrikes in my garage! Just looking to find someone to ride with until my family get's more up to speed and the weather warms up. Been cycling most of my life on two wheels since I was 3 years old and I took off on my mom's full sized bike. Once they bought me my own I was free! Made the move to recumbents in 2007 and haven't looked back. Not a TT person, so I don't mind going a bit slower up the hills, but I'll catch you on the down side! Long time member of Bent Rider (formerly Bent Rider On Line-BROL). My first 'bent was an Infinity LWB USS. Then I had a Cruzbike Sofrider for a time, moving then to a RANS Stratus XP XL, and finally to a 2005 Catrike Road, then a 2003 Catrike Speed, finally landing the 2013 Catrike 700 this past September (2014). Really liking all the bike friendly countryside of the UK. Did find at least one other rider that I rode with for about 10 miles a few weeks ago, but nothing since. I suppose when the weather warms, there will be many more opportunities to find club and pay rides as well as fellow riders.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello. Welcome to the forum :welcome:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
There's a group in St Ives that are relaxed but not all laid back. Le tour Cambridge post details on their Facebook page sometimes.

You could go to Cambridge Guildhall 10am Bank Holiday Monday 4th May to ride with a fewhundred if you're up for the distance (sabout 24miles from there, but how far's it from Huntingdon?)

OP
OP
Catrike 700

Catrike 700

Regular
You could go to Cambridge Guildhall 10am Bank Holiday Monday 4th May to ride with a fewhundred if you're up for the distance (sabout 24miles from there, but how far's it from Huntingdon?)
An additional 18 miles (36 round trip) via the Guided busway, so it would be a 60 mile day. Not bad.

Top Bottom