New to this forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Antonio

Hello to all.
I have recently found this forum and been very impressed with reading through a number of posts.
I am very much a touring cyclist and over the last 20 yrs have come back to cycling albeit with a few yrs off with a limiting nasty spinal cancer, I have toured the Austrian Alps in the last 2 yrs but last September my chest told me perhaps an ebike was to be considered. I eventually bit the bullet after much research and deliberation. So I am now the proud owner of one and I love it .

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Hello Antonio :hello:

Also a bit of a 'tourist' too.

Not reached the e'bike stage yet but will probably succumb one day :smile:

i was very envious of a lady cyclist who overtook me on one - pedalling easily, and gleefully up a gravelly 1:1 hill in Spain -
I was pushing by then..

Sounds like you've definitely earned yours.. :bicycle:

OP
OP
A

Antonio

Thanks to all you kind folk for that welcome.
To Mudsticks may I say that I felt the same way before my last Austrian tour. Even though my wife had decided to buy herself one last yr I was still in love with my Ridgeback. However last year I really felt my chest rebelling as I pushed the pedals up the alps. This is meant to be fun and a lot of the time it was not. So after much soul searching about the massive change of conversion and much ebike searching I finally decided. As I was touring I felt I wanted a bike that would be as good ( and look as good) as my present Ridgeback but with a 'motor' . It needed to have mudguards and a rack. I accepted that there would be a compromise on the weight. I eventually decided on the Cannondale Synapse Neo 1.

Only picked it up a couple of wks ago and done so far 170 odd miles. A complete joy to ride. It also looks very good with guards and a rack on it. The bosch Active Plus is a dream. However It is a different mind set and a different discipline. It has 22 gears so there is plenty of latitude before clicking the first of 4 modes .
Have I felt 'a cheat'? Yes at times but then I am learning to ride this like my old bike and then when I feel the need it starts to glide and the old lungs ease off and I feel great.
Love it to bits.
Anthony

Top Bottom