New to wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Zero balance - is that because you've never ridden a 2 wheeler or has something happened to lose your balance?

It's true that you won't topple over with a trike, but they are not without problems. Learning to steer and go round bends on a trike is not easy either.

I've had a few returns from injury and for the first couple of months each time, have used my normal bike attached to a basic indoor trainer. This gets you used to pedaling without any balance issues and no worries from traffic. This could be a way to get started.

Good luck

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Zero balance - is that because you've never ridden a 2 wheeler or has something happened to lose your balance?

It's true that you won't topple over with a trike, but they are not without problems. Learning to steer and go round bends on a trike is not easy either.

I've had a few returns from injury and for the first couple of months each time, have used my normal bike attached to a basic indoor trainer. This gets you used to pedaling without any balance issues and no worries from traffic. This could be a way to get started.

Good luck
Yep Trikes are 'interesting' to ride. :eek: :ohmy:

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Without meaning to go off topic here, I once knew a couple who rode a tandem trike, they named it the "flying pig" it was awsome to ride behind them!

OP
OP
M

MaryB

Good luck
Thank you Sharky .I used a two wheeler many years ago but was not very competent or confident. Think I would feel much safer on a tricycle.
I have been researching options and am considering Jorvik but reviews are mixed.Also wondered about Pashley. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharky

Guru
Thank you Sharky .I used a two wheeler many years ago but was not very competent or confident. Think I would feel much safer on a tricycle.
I have been researching options and am considering Jorvik but reviews are mixed.Also wondered about Pashley. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.
There are others on here with experience of these who will be along to advise. The pashley is well known and I'm sure would be ok as too the Jorvik.
Can you get a trial ride from any of the shops near you?
Good luck

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The Pashley is better but more expensive, I'd recomend Kentex but they don't seem to be available any more mine has been fantastic although I have modified it quite a bit from standard,

View attachment 571005

So mine now looks like this,

View attachment 571006

I also fitted an electric front wheel kit, total cost around £1,000 but it has been faultless for 7 years

Top Bottom