New Triban RC520...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MilkRace

MilkRace

Interesting review and well worth hearing. I guess its pretty much horses for courses.

I've not used disc brakes myself and admit it is an area of concern, that said I think its only a matter of getting used to them....if you live long enough that is....!!!

I guess the question of whether its the right bike for me is one you need to ask of any bike, at any price.

Cheers

ozboz

Guru
What is this then ?
https://www.decathlon.com.au/p/8379187_triban-520-road-bike-cn.html

Edit, its not the RC one ,

Last edited:
OP
OP
MilkRace

MilkRace

It is what it says it is on the bike....a B'Twin.......the old version not the new 2018 re-branded, upgraded Triban.

Drago

Legendary Member
This is seriously intruiging me. The Tribans have a rep for punching seriously above their weight, proof that dressing up a mediocre frame with bling is not the way to get a sweet performer. It'll be interesting to see how the revamped Triaban range fares.

This is seriously intruiging me. The Tribans have a rep for punching seriously above their weight, proof that dressing up a mediocre frame with bling is not the way to get a sweet performer. It'll be interesting to see how the revamped Triaban range fares.

get yerself to decathlon in MK, they have both models in there - although for you giants, I think they only have medium on the racks at the moment

nickAKA

Über Member
There's not much not to like about it - for non-mountain stage commuting, long social rides and as a dedicated winter bike it looks perfect. Can't see a total weight but I'm guessing around 9.5/10Kg in that spec? Stick on some better (summer) wheels with the money you'd save on buying a 'prestige' brand and it'd do just about everything pretty bloody well...
My only gripe is it looks a bit dull in that particular paint job, I'd prefer a splash of colour myself but that's purely subjective.

There's not much not to like about it - for non-mountain stage commuting, long social rides and as a dedicated winter bike it looks perfect. Can't see a total weight but I'm guessing around 9.5/10Kg in that spec? Stick on some better (summer) wheels with the money you'd save on buying a 'prestige' brand and it'd do just about everything pretty bloody well...
My only gripe is it looks a bit dull in that particular paint job, I'd prefer a splash of colour myself but that's purely subjective.

I like the plain finish, the dark grey is also pretty good in my eyes

D

Deleted member 23692

Nice looking bike ruined by those nasty Hy-Rd calipers. Would have been nicer if it came with proper hydos.

ellis

Guru
Just taken the plunge tonight to buy the Triban RC 520 and it’s bloody out of stock in large!

I had it ready in my basket to buy at 5pm but got distracted, went back to it at 7pm and they are all sold out now! Anyone any idea how quick Decathlon are to stock back up?

ellis

Guru
Managed to pop to my local decathlon and pick up the Triban RC520 today. Very happy with it, hopefully be able to get out on a nice ride in the next couple of days.

Just next to add some mudguards and it will be ready for winter and commuting.

Attachments

• EE58E858-BC00-40B0-A873-A90768A01683.jpeg
    EE58E858-BC00-40B0-A873-A90768A01683.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 826
Top Bottom