new trike newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brandy66

Over the last couple of months i have been building my own trike as the shop bought ones are too much lolly, so i thought i would post a photo or 2 and just say hello!
DSC02956-2.jpg
DSC02952-1.jpg
DSC02950-1.jpg

Wow! Nice trike and possibly the best first post ever!

OP
OP
B

brandy66

Thanks for the kind words, no did not make it from plans as such but come across Fleet trikes on the web and sort of looked at all his work and went from there, so owe it all to that Gent! Haven't put many miles on it yet but it works really well, infarct much better than expected.
Still need to add panniers,front light and a flag and possible many other things (the list could be endless).most stuff is readily available except a quality flag and pole? any links would be welcome.
p.s had it on two wheels the other day bit scary but fun.

OP
OP
B

brandy66

Not sure how much it cost because i never kept a tally( should have in hindsight ) but the steel was £90 and have loads left over the tools I already had. I suppose its all the bits n bobs that ad up but the rear wheel and gears front n back + bottom bracket were all form a donor bike which was free,the 20" wheels were on special offer and if i had to guess id say less than £200 :biggrin:
p.s the seat was made from trampoline cloth which my girls did not use any more

i know you say you used some donor parts but even so,taking everything into account i can see an exellent buisiness opportunity for yourself there .

looks bloody fantastic :ohmy:....i want one:hyper:

oh i allmost forgot ...hi and welcome:hello:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Nice job Brandy.

I am so impressed that if you pm me your address I will send you some recumbent flags free of charge. They are indistructable.

Steve

OP
OP
B

brandy66

Cheers for that very kind offer Steve and if iv done it right the pm is sent.
p.s will put some more photos up with your much appreciated gift attached asap :thumbsup:

Top Bottom