New Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mountainpenguin

Hi all
I have had my felt z70 for just over a year and the tyres have loads of large cracks in down to the wire!
I have decided that I don't really trust them and so I want to replace them before I go for a jaunt round Ireland in a few weeks.
My current tyres seem fine (never ridden a road bike till this one so used to how a mountain bike feels) however whenever its wet (like today) I always seem to lock up the back wheel!
The current tyres are Vittoria Zaffiro Folding Tires.

I have found either:
Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Tech or Vittoria Rubino Pro
The difference in cost is £2 for a set.
ThePro tech say that they are for worst conditions but looking online the Rubino gets better reviews!
Help

p.s. Never had a puncture

Thanks

stoofer

*Bump*

Anyone out there know of anywhere in London that stocks the Rubino Pro's?

buddha

Veteran
Rubino Pro's are bombproof and fast. I've switched from Michelin Krylion Carbon - as the new batch of these seem to cut easily.
Many reviews (and Vittoria's own brochure) say they're not so good in the wet, but I've had no problems through this winter - including slush. I run them at 100/120psi front/rear.

I also have the 'tech' version - which although better in the wet, wears pretty quickly for my liking.

I bought mine from Probikekit and Wiggle - both have free and fast delivery.

edit: as for 'locking up the rear wheel'. I've only done that once (with Rubino Pro's) on a diesel spill when braking hard to avoid a nutter making a right turn into my path! Otherwise it could be down to technique - i.e shift body weight back etc.

Tynan

Veteran
the rear is always going to tend to lock and slide, that's the simple way the forces will work when you brake hard, the obvious knack to is to use the front mostly with th eback helping out

granted some tyres will slide easier and the surface will be variable

Top Bottom