New Wahoo Element BOLT (now in colour)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
The display zones change colour on screen when you enter another zone, so why the led lights still there , I had a bolt but didn’t really find any use for them whereas this new feature looks quite good, could get rid of the led lights and push the bezels up further maybe, looks a decent unit though once the teething issues get sorted by Wahoo
Interesting because for me the LEDs are another significant plus. I've no plans to upgrade my Elemnt but a lack of LEDs could be a reason not to do so.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

Veteran
Oh dear i may have accidentally ordered one:laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I won't be buying anything until Q1 next year, by which time the bugs should have been fixed and people will have had 6+ months experience with the new devices. If they turn out to be excellent, I might buy one. If not, maybe I'll look for a Mk 1 on eBay. (It's even possible that my cousin might buy one of the new ones, in which case his Mk 1 Bolt might become available at a good price... :whistle:)

gcogger

But wasn't the whole story (from his blog) that he and Wahoo thought it could be down to map data density in his area (Amsterdam) vs 2 others he referred to (one was GP Lama) that hadn't had any (?) issues ?
Yes, I believe that's right. For me it would be enough of a concern to hold off for a while, and wait for long term reviews.

mustang1

Legendary Member
That reminds me of an item in the change log when I updated the software on our car sat nav:

FIXED - unit reboots when crossing an intersection in Madrid.

It struck me as oddly specific. I suppose it was just the only known case of position, map data, etc. that triggered a particular bug.
Haha! Good thing an airplane flight computer does not work in that way: just stay away from that point on earth and your engines won't restart themselves mid flight.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

Veteran
Had my Bolt 2 for just over a week now and ridden:

Indoor (spin bike with PM)
Road
MTB
MTB with GPS route planned

Have to say that it's much easier to read the screen with the subtle colours in the new device, everything is just that bit clearer with is ideal for short sighted glasses wearers like myself.

I also like the highlighting feature of the parameters with colour coding and especially the colour coding in the lane when using a Garmin Varia, that feature really makes it easier to see what's going on.

Only used the GPS once so far on a 50km MTB ride and it was easier to follow thanks to those colours once again. Not used the other new GPS features so far.

I can report though that mine does seem to have a bug:

Top Bottom