New Waterproof Trousers required - is it worth getting a ladies style?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I must be the first person to say I always managed without them. Admittedly it is years since I cycled but when I did, I just wore cycling tights and hung them out at work if very wet. I must say that overshoes are a great invention though!

Cubist

Still wavin'
I can't stand waterproof trousers, but hate wet feet. I therefore let the rain soak my shorts/legs or tights but wear a pair of waterproof socks. I am lucky enough to be able to change at work and dry my kit off on radiators or drying rooms.

Summerdays, stuff your wet shoes with balls of newspaper then put them somewhere warm. The paper will soak most of the water out of the fabric. My Tahos will dry overnight like this.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
jay clock said:
I must be the first person to say I always managed without them. Admittedly it is years since I cycled but when I did, I just wore cycling tights and hung them out at work if very wet. I must say that overshoes are a great invention though!

I still cycle and I always manage without them...

trio25

Über Member
I've just ordered some altura womens specific ones. Never bothered before but now I spend all day in the clothes I cycle in it makes sense, I've been using some walking ones but they are not ideal for cycling, been using an elastic band round the bottom!

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
And I bought a new pair of Aldi waterproof trousers on Sunday (and I did buy the ladies version).

The Gill ones lasted a reasonable amount of time and then I borrowed a pair of Mr Summerdays eVent ones for the last year or two but they do let the rain in, so hence the trying the Aldi pair. At that price I can afford to replace them if they don't last that long.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
And I bought a new pair of Aldi waterproof trousers on Sunday (and I did buy the ladies version).

The Gill ones lasted a reasonable amount of time and then I borrowed a pair of Mr Summerdays eVent ones for the last year or two but they do let the rain in, so hence the trying the Aldi pair. At that price I can afford to replace them if they don't last that long.
The Aldi ones are very boil in the bag, but great on a freezing winter morning with just leggings underneath, they keep you really warm.
When it rains, the temperature is usually milder, so you boil in them!

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The Aldi ones are very boil in the bag, but great on a freezing winter morning with just leggings underneath, they keep you really warm.
When it rains, the temperature is usually milder, so you boil in them!
I like warm in winter time! I can't believe that in the space of a week I've gone from wearing bare arms and shorts to two layers on my bottom half this week!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I like warm in winter time! I can't believe that in the space of a week I've gone from wearing bare arms and shorts to two layers on my bottom half this week!
I'm still on one bottom layer ... as I type this, the heating switched itself on for the first time since May. It must be cold!

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm still on one bottom layer ... as I type this, the heating switched itself on for the first time since May. It must be cold!
Given you are much further north it shows I'm a wimp. Heating not on but I'm snuggling under a blanket considering it!

Top Bottom