New Website

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peteoc

Hi All,

I'll give you a brief rundown, basically I'm a part time website developer and wanted to be able to log my rides quickly and easily without too much hassle. I've tried a few different sites and they were either too cumbersome, took too long to log a ride or simply did not work all the time!

I first had a small website which I setup basically for my own use however a few friends suggested I make it open to the public, which I have now done so. I'm in the process of still adding new features but I thought it might be beneficial if I could gain the views of other cyclists to make sure I'm going in the right direction as to what everyone would like.

The website is www.logmyride.co.uk - registration is free and I aim to make no money from the site. currently I've got google ad words on there which all money generated from there (very little!!) is going towards my bike challenge fund raising.(www.manchesterbikechallenge.co.uk)

If you do register, please do be very honest with your opinions and any problems feel free to either post them in here or send me a private message. I'm working on the code of the site on a daily basis so if you come across an error which wasn't there 2 minutes ago, I'm more than likely working on the code and it will be fixed very soon! :biggrin:

Thanks,

Pete

I find that www.mycyclinglog.com provides all that I need. Plus others on CC log rides on it as well.

OP
OP
peteoc

peteoc

I understand that there are alternatives out there however what's a bit of competition? :hello:

I've found out that there was a problem with the registration process which has now been resolved, we've also removed the cost of your fuel for the savings calculation - this is now based on the average price of fuel throughout the UK so on a daily basis it will change :biggrin:

OP
OP
peteoc

peteoc

I'm actually working on that as I type - give it an hour and hopefully the ability to edit rides will be there :hello:

lanternerouge

Veteran
Good effort that Pete, but lots of competition for you out there - Mapmyride, Endomondo, MapMyTracks - all of which are very slick.

Good luck with it though ;)

OP
OP
peteoc

peteoc

cheers!

I'm aware of some of the sites but I tend to find them too slow at loading, some don't work 100% of the time and others just want too much information from you!

Mine just wants the date, time it took, distance and what bike you did it on :smile:

OP
OP
peteoc

peteoc

I've now added a graph on user profiles so that you can see your performance on a monthly basis against the user on the site who has travelled the most and the site average.

An example is
Andy_profile.png

OP
OP
peteoc

peteoc

I've added a to-do list of what features are coming up along with an email address to request any new features :smile: - You can also ask/tell me new features here xx(

OP
OP
peteoc

peteoc

:smile: - new design :smile:

You'll find that some of the site looks a bit strange, please bear with me while I modify the pages to meet the design :smile:

Top Bottom