new wheels/cassette adjusting Di2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Hi
Just done a wheel change

Original wheels where Mavic Ksyrium 10 speed with 11/28 cassette

I've just put on a new set of Planet X 52mm clinchers 10/11 speed compatible and a fitted a new 11/28 cassette, but I had to do some adjustments on the Di2 as the chain wouldn't shift onto the 28 cog and almost fell off at the other end

Is it normal to have to tweak the Di2 after a new cassette has been fitted and or new wheels or should I have had a spacer fitted

I'll be swapping the wheels back and forth depending on the weather so would rather not have to keep tweaking the shift

Appreciate any advice

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You will have to adjust each time. Same for mechanical. Different hubs can vary slightly.

same issues with mechanical too.

Reactions: 2wd

Goonerobes

Its okay to be white
I've just done similar & fitted Fulcrum Racing 3s & a new cassette without needing any adjustments but the wheels did come with a spacer which I fitted so I guess you may need one too if they're 11 speed compatible as well.

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
OK cheers

TBH Di2 is so easy to adjust so it's not really a big deal but thought it best to ask :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I used to swap from hand builts on Dura Ace hubs to Hope Ti hubs on deep carbon wheels, and it was just two clicks on the barrel adjuster. Easy to do. It's just different manufacturing techniques.

Top Bottom