New Wheels recommendations please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rustybucket

Veteran
Hi

Just bought a new cannondale synapse ultegra di2 disc. Am thinking of upgrading the wheels as they are only entry level and want something to do the bike justice (within my price range).

Can anyone recommend any? The only thing is that Evans have to stock them, as I have a voucher to use.

Willing to spend upto £400

Thanks for any suggestions!

Russell

outlash

also available in orange
Looks like it's QR's on both ends of the bike? 6 bolt discs or centrelock? I only ask as I bought some Fulcrum racing 5's for my crosser and had a bit of grief trying to get adapters to fit (QR on the back 12mm bolt thru on the front). Decent enough wheels for the money once I sorted them.

vickster

Legendary Member
Why not ride with the current wheels for a bit and see how you go especially with winter coming

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Notwithstanding the advice already given, if you're intent on spending your money, here are a couple of suggestions - both tubeless-ready, which is worth bearing in mind:

Hunt 4 Seasons
https://www.huntbikewheels.com/prod...-disc-brake-road-bike-wheelset-tubeless-ready

Stan's ZTR Grail
http://road.cc/content/review/167772-stans-notubes-ztr-grail-team-wheelset
(Over budget but you should be able to find them cheaper)

ETA: just noticed the Evans stipulation, which probably rules out both those suggestions, sorry.

OP
OP
Rustybucket

Rustybucket

Veteran
Rather than look at spec sheets, why not check the actual wheels on your bike? Spec sheets are often wrong anyway. If you're not sure, post a pic here.

The bikes currently at the Evans store. I'll give them a call in the morning to check then!

Thanks

pclay

Veteran
If it's the green synapse, then I have the same one. I can confirm the discs are centre lock. Stock wheels have been fine for my first 1000 miles. And the wheels are QR.

full.jpg

Top Bottom