New wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
I would love a set of Campag Bora's. Some of the Clincher version are around that price iirc.

OP
OP
P

Pedro2015

Fulcrum zeros have been mentioned as have mavic cosmics.

Will I notice much difference between my fulcrum racing quatro and these?

Cyclist33

Fulcrum zeros have been mentioned as have mavic cosmics.

Will I notice much difference between my fulcrum racing quatro and these?

probably only you can say... i would be happy with any wheelset for 900 quid, considering i am unlikely to spend more than 300 on a pair... only thing i would say is window shop, i mean there are some huge bargains to be had.

planet x for eg have a pair of visions shallow section for 399 that rrp at 1000...

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I have just bought a pair of Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLEs, Love them to bits but are a bit of a hanfull when it's windy. Have also used Mavic Ksyrium Elite S they are a really nice wheelset for half the price.

Citius

Budgets up to 900. Fast as possible but sturdy. Any suggestions?

Can you clarify what you mean by 'fast as possible' ?

If you're spending that much, my advice would be to talk to a wheelbuilder, who can incorporate your budget, weight and intended use and come up with a few recommendations. But your question, as it is, does not really include enough information for anyone to recommend much.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hand builds to your own spec.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
If looking for fast 'Aero' then the
Cero RC45's full carbon clinchers from wwwcycledivision.com will take some beating for value & weight at £799 & just 1545g, you would have to change your brake blocks to carbon specific ones though.

Saturae 50mm full carbon clinchers are about £720 from wiggle.

I like FFWD (Fast Forward) full carbon clinchers in both F4R FCC & F6R FCC versions (45 & 60mm depth) but would be hard to find under approx £1100.

Look for big wheel sales on at Probikekit, CRC, Merlin, Ribble & Wiggle.

Got my Easton EC 70 SL carbon clinchers from CRC in a sale last year for £550 ish, half RRP.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Mavics, Campag, both good wheels, no doubt some one will come along with hand built :whistle:

Well, I'm rebuilding next week a set of Mavic Ksyrium SLR for a friend that was faced with either the Mavic Service Centre costs or the bin. To be honest, he wont have to pay the very high Mavic charges but still, it's not going to be cheap cause the rims and spokes are pretty expensive to buy anyway.

They are nice wheels to ride though :smile:

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Can you clarify what you mean by 'fast as possible' ?

If you're spending that much, my advice would be to talk to a wheelbuilder, who can incorporate your budget, weight and intended use and come up with a few recommendations. But your question, as it is, does not really include enough information for anyone to recommend much.

I thought you were going to say "who can incorporate an electric motor....." :laugh:

Top Bottom