new wheels?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It appears that my fulcrum racing 5's are shot after 18 months or so and 5000 miles. they are not great !!!

Despite changing bearings I still get a knocking sound when pressing on, I assume its probaly the freehub and thats £50 ish

Its definetly the wheel as the old ambrosio works fine

So new wheels or freehub?

If wheels I'm considering either Campag Khamsim's or Mavic Aksiums

Any thoughts or recommendations?

If the rims are good, I would be tempted to fix first rather than buy a whole new wheel. However my cheaper rear wheels used in all weather have worn out (rim burst) in about 6000 miles but the quasar's on my Kinesis are just over 10,000miles old.
Anyhow, I prefer my Khamsims to my Mavic's they feel better but then again they are on my better bike and I'm a light rider so the low spoke count doesn't worry me. My Mavics though are pretty solid and have been used in all weather and only finally went out of slightly true after a collision. What might be of concern with the Mavic's is the availability of flat spokes. I was on a holiday to Sardinia a few years back and one of the riders broke a spoke of a Kysirium and the Italian speaking guide couldn't find a replacement anywhere on the Island.

Top Bottom