New Year's Resolutions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
I'm going to procrastinate more often. If I can ever get around to it.
Yeah me too:highfive:!:cheers:

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I am going to run a marathon (and make the Boston qualifying time); and finish writing two books. And I will spending a lot less time online to get these things done: only an hour a week (total) for non-work Facebook, CC and other forums.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I am going to run a marathon (and make the Boston qualifying time); and finish writing two books. And I will spending a lot less time online to get these things done: only an hour a week (total) for non-work Facebook, CC and other forums.
What's the QT, FM? Is it not a ballot?

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Obviously the ride more and weigh less ones are a given,

Otherwise, I plan to ride my bike outside of the UK for the first time, do more of my shopping by bike and less by car, and the big one is to get my blood pressure back down as three months off the bike with a broken arm (and three more where I've been slowly building back up) have left be borderline high BP again, and the doctor is looking for improvements or I have to go back on tablets :sad:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
What's the QT, FM? Is it not a ballot?
Boston is the American Dream writ large, a genuine meritocracy*. Meeting the qualifying time** merely allows you to apply, and the faster runners in each age group are given priority. It is fair to say that North American long-distance runners are somewhat obsessed with Boston as a result. Just being able to apply, let alone getting an actual place, is a marker of your being jolly good at running.

*unless you get a 'partner' place (sponsors, charidees, etc..)

**which you have to run on a pukka marathon, none of this self-certified gps bollox.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Boston is the American Dream writ large, a genuine meritocracy*. Meeting the qualifying time** merely allows you to apply, and the faster runners in each age group are given priority. It is fair to say that North American long-distance runners are somewhat obsessed with Boston as a result. Just being able to apply, let alone getting an actual place, is a marker of your being jolly good at running.

*unless you get a 'partner' place (sponsors, charidees, etc..)

**which you have to run on a pukka marathon, none of this self-certified gps bollox.
Fairly stringent times!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Fairly stringent times!
Broadly speaking I think they are roughly 60% of age-grade. Hitting 60% of age-grade makes you a serious runner. Hitting 80%, a feat which if you haven't run all your adult life is damn nigh-on impossible, makes you an elite runner for your age.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
FM - didn't you do another endurance event not so long ago? Ironman or triathlon wasn't it? how did you get on?

Top Bottom