New years resolutions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Nah. Just going to enjoy things

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I am going to lose 3 stone :ohmy:
Came back from my Christmas hols 4 pounds lighter. (it's a start)
Retired all my fat holidays clothes in Tenerife, Mr M asked why they were in the bin :eek:
Doing well so far. :smile:
Good for you. Not wanting to sound like an authority on the matter, but the only weight loss thing to have worked for me is calorie counting and it is made very easy these days using online tools such as MyFitnessPal, which is also available as an app, so makes the counting very convenient to do. If you link to Strava (if you use that) it will automatically add your extra calories for the day from your rides.

Hope that might help you (and others) and good luck :smile:

Edited for rubbish spelling

Last edited:

Mrs M

Guru
Good for you. Not wanting to sound like an authority on the matter, but the only weight loss thing to have worked for me is calorie counting and it is made very easy these days using online tools such as MyFitnessPal, which is also available as an app, so make the counting very convenient to do. If you link to Strava (if you use that) it will autmatically add you ectra calories for the day from your rides.

Hope that might help you (and others) and good luck :smile:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I average about 10.5mph.
My typical on-road average during an FNRttC is 11mph. And I typically ride towards the front, which means a little more speed.

I'd say that as long as you can do the distance you'd be fine with the speed.

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
My typical on-road average during an FNRttC is 11mph. And I typically ride towards the front, which means a little more speed.

I'd say that as long as you can do the distance you'd be fine with the speed.
Really :smile: right, post May I am going to take part, I am determined. My first task will be to negotiate myself from Marylebone to Hyde park on a bike, I have never ever ridden a bike in London so it will all be new to me :smile:

Thank you, you have made my day :notworthy:

srw

Really :smile: right, post May I am going to take part, I am determined. My first task will be to negotiate myself from Marylebone to Hyde park on a bike, I have never ever ridden a bike in London so it will all be new to me :smile:

Thank you, you have made my day :notworthy:
If you get to the place that is no longer mentioned, you'll have to go a bit further - the start is now the SOUTH BANK.

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
No. But if you happen to be going on a day that I do I can meet you at Marylebone and we can go together.
Thank you :smile: I am actually looking at the March one now, that is about 40 odd miles, I should be able to do that by March I should think....

srw

Thank you :smile: I am actually looking at the March one now, that is about 40 odd miles, I should be able to do that by March I should think....
Given the circuitousness of the route to Southend, it's more like 65, and I'd suggest waiting until the weather is kinder - March will either be cold or wet, and quite possibly both.

If you haven't already, follow the instructions here and you will receive emails. The new start is by the BFI and the Royal Festival Hall, close to Waterloo.

Top Bottom