New Years Resolutions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeitup

Veteran
pw2389 said:
So, you're taking part in a beauty contest? :smile:

Nah.... an ugly, fat, bearded bastard contest, yes!!!

Kovu

Über Member
Well I thought I would start on my resolutions early, well just the first one. So today I said yes to a man who wanted change for the car, said yes to helping a mate out and said yes to seeing a mate i havent seen properly for a year.

Going good so far for me.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
mikeitup said:
Nice!! one of the guys in my local CTC club has a flying gate. It's lovely!!

I fell in love with the design when I saw an original Baines Flying Gate in the cycle museum in Camelford.

I aquired the Trevor Jarvis copy with a view to restoring it to its original geared touring guise but it has not proved to be as simple as expected. Some butchery has taken place and some minor restorative surgery is needed along with a respray.

I'm tempted to have it re-stoved to match the retina searing orange of my Dave Yates Randonneur.

snakehips

I am going to get fit next year , no honest I am !
Snake
AS2.jpg

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'm one step closer to renovation. I emailed Trevor Jarvis earlier this evening with a list of anticipated problems and he's responded very positively to them all. Looks like my New Year's Resolution has been sorted ahead of schedule.

Suppose I could add lose weight.

derall

Guru
Last big resolutions I made were to give up cigarettes and alcohol, which I did four years ago and three years ago respectively. Once those two were conquered other resolutions didn't seem necessary. But...

This year I'm going to try to make more useful time to myself. Spending less time in work is top of the list. I'll never get it down to contracted hours, but I'm going to try to at least get under the WTD limits.

Less computer / internet time generally. Less mindless surfing. Get rid of the RSS feeds which keep distracting me. Waste far too much time following feeds.

Luddite Weekends. Anything with a chip (including the MP3 player but excluding the camera) goes in a cupboard on Friday evening and doesn't come out until Sunday evening.

Lose some weight. Weight has slowly been creeping up over the last three years; hit the magic 80kg mark early December which is the point where I really have to do something to get back down again. Less time sitting in front of the 'puter, work or home, would make more time for cycling and / or walking.

Since my illness a couple of years ago I've been building up distance again, and have been doing metric centuries this year. Next year I want to make it Imperial Centuries.

Top Bottom