Newark on Trent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The only thing i know about Newark is that my mate's girlfriend came from there,and she thought Accrington was near Newcastle.:scratch:

screenman

Legendary Member
Newark Castle is a large well run club with lots going on. As for the town, well I know of a women who teaches there and has been beaten up a few times at school. the town has some very select shops, charity that is. It is close to the A1 which offers a rapid escape route. It was said to me once that the women the day after they get married instantly put on 4 stone, start wearing wellies that do not come off and also stop shaving.

It has a very high percentage of travelers living there but this has been thinned of later years by an influx of people from other shores, having said all that there are some nice villages within a short radius of Newark Itself.

I would say that it quite closely relates to Boston in Lincolnshire, both are places I would not want to live in but know well.

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
I would say Peterborough may have more going for it.
That's a scary thought :ohmy:

gbb

Legendary Member
I used to live near Newark, albeit some years ago..and I now live in Peterborough of course.
I still visit relatives in Newark and do enjoy the town centre. It's got far far more character than p' boro. There are a lot of travellers there. There are a lot in p'boro as well..Immigrants....ditto.
As said, there are a lot of nice villages nearby, I used to frequent them all in my youth, but apart from visiting a local pub, which are generally relaxed, I can't see anything else to visit them for apart from the general nice surroundings.
It's all relative. Newark's not a jewel, neither is Peterborough, but a visit to the town centre is always nice, it at least has some smaller independant shops..not just the faceless stores we have here.
I don't mind Newark at all.
Cycling...sorry, no idea.

Top Bottom