Newb fitter than anticipated

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clum94

I used to cycle as a kid but only messing around on the streets and such, but decided it was time to do some miles rather than travelling circles on a street corner :smile: I should mention im 17 and started doing cycling again to lose weight.

Monday I did a 3.4 mile cycle (half uphill, quarter down, quarter flat ish)
Tuesday did 3.4 miles (same as Monday)
Wednesday did 11 miles (some downhill, uphill and flat)
Thursday did 13 miles (Doing Wednesdays route but looped a section of the flat/uphill)
Friday did 20.3 miles (Not counting cyclepaths, 8.43miles uphill the rest was flat/downhill with some inclines)

So that's my first five days cycling. As a beginner to the sport I, guiltily wanted to brag although it isn't much to some of the expert riders :smile:

Oh yeah and my legs feel like they are about to give way...Even sat down.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Well done! :biggrin:

I'm not surprised by how far you cycled at all, personally I am more surprised by how many people can only manage a few miles and are so tired, it is quite astonishing really. Maybe I am some sort of freak but I bought my bike a couple of years ago then went and casually cycled about 26 mile on that same day, came home fresh as when I set off.

Pauluk

Well done clum, you'll soon be doing a lot more if you keep it up. The legs will still get tired (not so much), but you'll be going further and quicker :thumbsup:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Good job, soon youll have people thinking you're crazy for cycling 20 miles each way to the next town :crazy:

Definitely worth taking rest days though if you even slightly feel like your legs arent totally fresh imho.

Garz

Squat Member
Yes - dont over-do it and burn out. Also run the risk of putting yourself off punishing rides can mar what once was an enjoyable activity.

I used to cycle as a kid but only messing around on the streets and such, but decided it was time to do some miles rather than travelling circles on a street corner :smile: I should mention im 17 and started doing cycling again to lose weight.

Monday I did a 3.4 mile cycle (half uphill, quarter down, quarter flat ish)
Tuesday did 3.4 miles (same as Monday)
Wednesday did 11 miles (some downhill, uphill and flat)
Thursday did 13 miles (Doing Wednesdays route but looped a section of the flat/uphill)
Friday did 20.3 miles (Not counting cyclepaths, 8.43miles uphill the rest was flat/downhill with some inclines)

So that's my first five days cycling. As a beginner to the sport I, guiltily wanted to brag although it isn't much to some of the expert riders :smile:

Oh yeah and my legs feel like they are about to give way...Even sat down.

Nice one, or five as the case is.

Top Bottom