Newbie 2W/3W Bent Blog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Falco Frank

Falco Frank

Über Member
Cheers Andrew, not sure about the lever's either but dont mind trying most things...

I can see my slick tyres going on the front, making up wheel disc covers and other assorted sillyness - already!

Apart from being vertical, the relationship is still the same as on a "normal handlebar"

The brakes are pulled by the fingers and therefore should be in the front of the bars

OP
OP
Falco Frank

Falco Frank

Über Member
So, the trike made it home safely despite an awful trip to London and back, 630mls round trip :sad:

But, 'Ricky' the 2nd recumbent took pride of honour in the newly created 'space' in the garage.

Its previous owner was also called Ricky, hence the name as the poor guy has had to give up cycling of any type. He was kind enough to give me a brand new flag and set of pads for what I believe are the Avid calipers (never seen 'pads' so small in my life, my finger nails are bigger!) and some smaller bits and bobs.

Biggest problem on collection is that I instantly note the rim on the rear wheel was split around a spoke hole, I didnt have the heart to tell the seller as he'd already reduced the price for me coming so far. Once examined up close I found a second split elsewhere...

Now, I have a beautiful spare unused rear racing wheel that I couldnt help but dig out :eek:

Yes, Its FAR too wide in diameter to fit currently but... if I cut out the rear caliper mount stay (that isnt used for anything) I'm sure it would fit.

However, is this a mod too far???

Oh yes, a 5 minute pootle around the block revealed THE most comfortable ride I've ever had (Ooooo er Missus, etcetera, etcetera , etcetera !)

$_86.JPG

A reminder of 'Ricky'.

Looks a nice trike so stop cleaning it and a YT video plèeeeaaase

OP
OP
Falco Frank

Falco Frank

Über Member
LoL you know me too well already Gents.

Actually busy writing up my Motorcycle adventure from Canada this year and its taking much long than anticipated but..... oddly enough....

Just come out of the garage after biting the bullet and throwing the new rear wheel in that I'd tired off thinking - wouldnt work, BUT IT DOES.

Of course I'm fiddling as I go along but will post up photos and yes, maybe even a vid asap!

Cheers

Top Bottom