Newbie From Bristol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSClio83

Hey I'm Dee

Was told about this place by my mate who is bike mad and did a great cycle trip from Bristol to Lands End in May.

I live in Bristol but from Clevedon (Seaside town nr Bristol). Not a big fan of city living and looking to change that in the near future as love my life in the slow lane and country/sea side and not the hustle and bustle of the city.

I always had a bike when I was a kid but stopped cycling when I got my Driving licence. I've been looking to get a bike for over a year now but could not really afford to. Then I started to work for a company that did the cycle to work scheme and did think about that the last 3mth but decided against it.
But Mr Taxman thought he would be ever do kind and gave me some money back so I bought myself a new bike on wed and came yesterday.

I bought a Muddyfox Freefall Shimano TX35 rear derailleur (choose it cos I loved the colour) to be honest i do not know much about bikes as my passion and hobby is Renault, well Renaultsport cars.
I currently own a RS Clio 182 2.0L (named Burgie) and have owned her since Oct 2008. But sadly she is now up for sale after many years of great trips and fun memories as she never get used much and does not make sense for her to sit there collecting dust.

I am a motorsport fan....I like watching the F1, BTCC and going to race events. Also go to the World Series By Renault every year apart from this year as the event is not here this year grrrr.

I also love Photography, my subjects are car & Motorsport, Flowers and Street Art.

Also like gardening and growing fruit & veg.

Will shut up now and "Hi"

Dee :smile:

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Evening deedee! Lol. Welcome to my second home!

You can now harrass more people than me for advice! Lol. If you want im around next week and can pop along if you fancy a buddy to ride to work with on Wednesday or Thursday, I'll take it easy on you! For motivation try and watch the highlights from today's tour de France, great win from a technically British rider lol.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
RSClio83

RSClio83

Hi and thanks for the wrlcome User

Hey ciar, fancy seeing you here lol. That's sounds like a plan, please dont scare me on my first trip ;) You know I like to bug for info as you give good advise to an idiot friend lol.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Hi I was reading on my facebook feed that there are some bike trains in various places this next week, from various places into the town centre. They are too early for me but might be OK for you (if you work in the direction of the centre). I think Bristol is a great place to cycle (though it would be better if they ironed out some of those hills:laugh:).

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Hi I was reading on my facebook feed that there are some bike trains in various places this next week, from various places into the town centre. They are too early for me but might be OK for you (if you work in the direction of the centre). I think Bristol is a great place to cycle (though it would be better if they ironed out some of those hills:laugh:).

Or educated car drivers and got rid of the bendy busses! Lol. She works out uwe way. I'll help het her started on commuting! Lol

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
RSClio83

RSClio83

Hi summerdays and thanks for the info but I would in Filton next to UWE as Kiwiavanger has said. I have been noticing there are a few bike lanes to my work once I get pass Fishponds :smile:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Wotcha..welcome to Cyclechat !

I ride from Winterbourne to Bradley Stoke most days although when I drive into town I see lots of cyclists pass the Hambrook Lights which I guess must be on your route. Happy riding!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Fishponds to Filton ... not sure which routes you are taking but I sometimes do a route that sort of direction and either go through the park (Purdown/Stoke Park or Eastville), or sometimes Stoke Lane. I love going through the parks especially on a crisp winter's day. Though Blackberry hill has the narrowest cycle lane in existence near just before it stops!

OP
OP
RSClio83

RSClio83

Thanks for welcome. Thanks for the info summerdays. Kiwiavanger is in Bristol tomorrow so I have his support on my first ride to work and he has infact advise a route that is only 4 miles from my house to work. Looking forward to it :smile:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Good luck and 4 miles the first time you do it may take a long time but it does get shorter/easier. And don't worry if you decide to walk part of a hill (and there will be a hill somewhere on which ever route you take between those destinations), just note where you get off and then next time try to get a little further up the hill.

Top Bottom