Newbie from Derby.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay881

Hi everyone I have just started getting into cycling and bought myself a Cube XMS. I am from Derby and would be grateful if anyone knows some good trails.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Hello Jay881,

Having visited Derby many many times in my youth, at least twice a year... I can categorically say I don't know of any trails :tongue: .... sorry. There is a park in Chaddeston you could cycle round, but the Parky might chase you off.

I'm sure somebody else round here might have better advice for than I offer... I'm best ignored :hello:

ChrisJ

A section of route 6 of the NCR network runs along an old railway line from Derby, South to Worthington in Leicestershire.
It's around 14 miles one way.

I live at the southern end & have cycled may times along it as far as the Crewe & Harpur pub at Swarkstone (a slight detour from the track to Derby).

Its a pleasant rural ride with no traffic.

Also, searchig Google, I found this:

http://www.cyclederb.../leisure-routes

Chris J.

Update:

I just looked up your Cube XMS bike... nice, but I now realize that you probably want to play rough!! :biggrin:

OP
OP
J

jay881

ye i do the Swarkstone to shardlow along the canal then back home all about 17 miles. ye i wouldnt mind a bit more mud!!:biggrin:

Top Bottom