Newbie from North Lincolnshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chippy Dave

Hi all
My name is Dave, I’m a carpenter and joiner, a newbie to road biking and I am currently awaiting delivery of my new bike as I am imagine a few of us are!
I am originally from Somerset but I have recently moved to North Lincolnshire so I’m looking forward to getting out and about on the bike.
I look forward to learning as much as I can from all the knowledge on here, and hopefully in the future find a someone or a group to ride with now and again.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Hi all
My name is Dave, I’m a carpenter and joiner, a newbie to road biking and I am currently awaiting delivery of my new bike as I am imagine a few of us are!
I am originally from Somerset but I have recently moved to North Lincolnshire so I’m looking forward to getting out and about on the bike.
I look forward to learning as much as I can from all the knowledge on here, and hopefully in the future find a someone or a group to ride with now and again.

Hi Dave, greetings from a carpenter in Germany...

OP
OP
C

Chippy Dave

Hello and welcome to the forum.
What bike are you getting? Wish you luck with it and many happy cycling days.

Thanks for the welcome.
After a lot of consideration I opted for the Specialized Allez sport, ordered it, but unfortunately their stock levels were wrong so they offered me the Allez elite for an extra £50 so that’s what I’ve bought, sounded like a good deal.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Specialized Allez bikes are very popular and for good reason. I’m sure you’ll enjoy. I have a Specialzed too but a gravel bike which can handle what pass for roads here rather better.

screenman

Legendary Member
Hi and welcome, from somebody who can make a lot of sawdust and have little left to show at the end. Bardney in Lincolnshire is where I hang my bike's, you will not be short of people to ride with up your way and some great rides as well.

:welcome:

OP
OP
C

Chippy Dave

Hi and welcome, from somebody who can make a lot of sawdust and have little left to show at the end. Bardney in Lincolnshire is where I hang my bike's, you will not be short of people to ride with up your way and some great rides as well.

That’s good to hear.
I guess I’ll have the same worry as anybody else taking up road biking, that I won’t be anywhere near fit or fast enough, but it would be good to find someone to ride with.

Top Bottom