Newbie from Northumberland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello.

I have always had a bike but only used it for playing on when younger and getting from A to B when older. I was registered partially sighted in 1998 so sold my bike, which was awful as I could still see okay to ride in certain places but, after speaking to the local police, knew that if I ever had an accident I would be in big trouble.

Anyway, in order to try and get some exercise, my hubby and I took delivery of a brand new tandem yesterday as I type, it will not be built until Saturday. We hope to give it a little try on the local cycle/footpaths (they are one path for two purposes - husband hoping no one lets their dog walk across said paths on an extending lead as he has said he will, at the least, have words!!) We are aware that we have a lot to learn about tandem riding.

I stumbled across CycleChat quite by accident when searching on Google for "cycling when deaf". So pleased I found this site.

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome @GoodbyeGirl, if you're looking for answers CC is your place: I have seen you other thread, where whacking hubby on the back as a form of communication was suggested :laugh:

Serynia

Hi and :welcome: always good to see fellow cyclists finding ways to over come life's speedhumps and enjoy riding. Good luck with your first tandem ride let us know how communicating with hubby went I have visions of a very happy lady whizzing down hills smacking hubby to go faster :biggrin:

U

User32269

:welcome: hope you enjoy first tandem ride! Please don't poke your hubby in the back, there's a piece of kit that does a far better job...
images.jpg

Top Bottom