Newbie from South Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Hi guys

i am new to the forum site and new to road biking.......

been doing it now since the beginning of february and its helped me to shed 48lbs off my 268lb frame, still got 20lbs to go to reach target tho.

Just bought a new Raleigh Team Sprint 2010 model from rutland cycles, just waiting for it to arrive now, so still have to use the hardtail mtb for now.

Cheers
Jowwy

Welcome Jowwy,
Get in contact with these folk - they will help make your pain pleasure! Banjo, Lukesdad, theclaud and many others all contribute and encourage on this forum, and they are all based in the rough corner of the UK :tongue:
About 70 or so riders went from Cardiff to Swansea recently - at midnight. And check out gb155 - our very own amazing shrinking cyclist! Most of all, have fun! :smile:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Welcome to the forum Jowwy and well done on the weight loss. If God meant us to do mountain biking he wouldnt have had roads built.:biggrin:

PS I am in Barry.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Cheers for the welcome guys - i do my main training ride around the heads of the valleys roads here in the valleys at 7-30am on saturday mornings

and just local 11 mile route out and back in the evenings.

515mm

Hi,

If you need some company take a look at ACME Wheelers CC they're from round your neck of the woods. They're a nice friendly bunch and growing their club and so have quite a few newbies - so don't be put off! Alldapies is a member on here and in ACME.......

I ride mostly Carmarthenshire and Gower.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Cheers 515mm - but my main sport is golf, so joining a cycling club etc would more time away from my ill partner.......

so for me its train early and then get back home.

lukesdad

Welcome to the forum Jowwy and well done on the weight loss. If God meant us to do mountain biking he wouldnt have had roads built.:biggrin:

PS I am in Barry.

Dont listen to him,thats why he put the mountains there :biggrin:

Im just south of Newcastle Emlyn.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Dont listen to him,thats why he put the mountains there :biggrin:

Im just south of Newcastle Emlyn.

I didnt put the mountains there, if I had designed the world all roads would be slightly downhill...Not too steep though as Im a cowardy custard.:biggrin:

Top Bottom