Newbie from The Black Country in the West Midlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bethelflaed

Hi, another Newbie from around Dudley/Sandwell/Walsall area in West Midlands :blush:

Have yet to actually buy a bike as I am still a little unsure of what is best for me although I have short listed my choices down in last few days after mad urge to take up cycling again. Loved cycling as a kid but haven't cycled for ages properly, especially as a previous bike was stolen and never replaced it. Until now. :tongue:

Primarily it is to help me lose a few stone and improve general fitness. Will hopefully begin cycling along canal toe-paths and flattish bicycle trails until my fitness and confidence improves and then hopefully cycle longer distances on perhaps tougher routes - a personal goal is to cycle along the canals from Walsall to Liverpool - perhaps further on short break next summer with my boyfriend who also is also considering to start cycling now I cant stop talking about it (2014). Who knows? Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it. :blush:

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hi and welcome,
Cycling will certainly improve your overall fitness and help you lose weight.
If you're not sure which bike to get, give us your short list and maybe we can help.
You've certainly got a good and sensible plan there.
Good luck with your boyfriend and your future cycling plans.

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
Welcome aboard :hello:Much the same reasons that I re-started road cycling. It's very enjoyable and it worked for me.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hello Bethelflaed and :welcome:. Your plan sounds like a good one. If you can get out on the bike regularly and increase your mileage a bit as often as you can, then fitness will come without you really realising.

As already mentioned above, you'll get good advice on here if you need it when deciding which bike to get.:thumbsup:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi there and :welcome:
Wish you good luck with your cycling goals, you will do great, for sure!

Black Country Ste

Ahoy. Oldbury lad here. :biggrin:

Good luck on the towpaths when you get started and of course as you feel your fitness improving and the warmer months edge in you might fancy having a crack at the Rowley Hills!

You go girl, :girldance:

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi and welcome my bit of advice is don't worry to much about which bike to buy you will most likley end up owning at least two ! and it's not one for each foot lol. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom