Newbie in Essex!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
daveyc2k2

daveyc2k2

Phil, thanks for your advice. I had already looked at the bikes in Decathlon and certainly like the look of them. I will try and get to one at the weekend and see if I can try one out.

Anything I need to look out for?

:welcome: from swf

:welcome: from another Dave in Essex! Leigh on Sea in my case. Some lovely rides around Chelmsford, and access to some good bike shops too.

OP
OP
daveyc2k2

daveyc2k2

Thanks for the input guys. Went into Decathlon at the weekend and looked at the Triban 500SE. Looks like a smart bike and had a quick go on one.

Turns out I'm likely to need a 60" bike which allows for me to stand up without whacking the crown jewels on the cross bar.

Now just got to convince the fiance that we don't need that extra £350 in the wedding fund!! (easier said than done)

Hi Guys & Gals,

I have just signed up as a complete newbie. I am looking to buy a road bike mainly for commuting (only a couple of miles) and then spending a few hours of a weekend out on. Possibly if I enjoy it then progressing on to a club etc, but who knows.

Thought I would join so I can get plenty of advice in terms of cost, brands and what I need etc.

Look forward to hopefully getting involved on here.

Dave
Welcome to CC . You be in the right place.

OP
OP
daveyc2k2

daveyc2k2

Wow, can't believe it was over 2 years ago I got my Triban 500 SE. I never really got into the road cycling to start with until recently. I competed in the Southend Triathlon and doing the RideLondon 46 mile in a couple of weeks.

I have just this weekend upgraded by trusty Triban to another Decathlon bike, the Ultra 720 AF - Ultegra. Took it for a quick spin Sunday evening and the ride is so much better than the Triban.

Very happy bunny and keen to crack on with the road cycling now.

OP
OP
daveyc2k2

daveyc2k2

And here is the new bike.

Attachments

• IMG_4244.JPG
    IMG_4244.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 50
Top Bottom