Newbie in manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hoppym27

Hi...does anyone know any good routes around Manchester that don't involve going on any roads at all...i live in Worsley.. Thanks

Jody

Stubborn git
Hi...does anyone know any good routes around Manchester that don't involve going on any roads at all...i live in Worsley.. Thanks

Have a look on Ride with GPS website as there will be lots of pre mapped routes. Not all will be road based.

Katherine

Guru
Hi, do you know the way through the Port Salford Greenway that brings you out at Peel Green? Then ride on the path down the A57 as far as Hollins Green. Or ride down the East Lancs path as far as Haydock. If you don't mind riding on the road when it's quiet , you can join these two up by riding through Culcheth and Croft which is what I did this evening !
Have you tried the path along the guided busway to Leigh?
What about riding along the canal all the way to Sale?

I'd recommend looking at the Sustrans maps www.sustrans.org.uk and also Canals (all of which do allow bikes on the towpaths, I believe but not all of which are marked on the usual cycling maps).

You're not far from the Bridgewater Canal - from there you can do all sorts of canal/river related possibilities if you add in the Trans Pennine Trail along the Mersey towards Stockport, then on to the High Peak Canal then Macclesfield Canal - there's a 90-something mile loop including the Bridgewater canal that takes in South Manchester and Cheshire if you're feeling adventurous! Not done in myself yet, but maybe one day...

Top Bottom