Newbie in the bomber county

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
boardmans measure seat tube , a 51 is a 54 cm top tube ctr to ctr , im am 5 foot 7 and have the same size , you should be ok if you get compact reach bars .My standard bars work for me by using a 90 mm stem , my team carbon has compact reach bars and i need a 110 stem to get the same reach so if you have a short reach bar and an appropriate stem you should be ok
My understanding of the different measuring charts is that the effective seat tube and effective top tube are what govern the reach and stack of a bicycle. If a bicycle manufacturer quotes a seat tube that measures from C2T the same as the required effective seat tube then it can be a little confusing for a novice, especially if you don't know how a manufacturer measures their bicycles. So a 51.5cm Boardman bicycle will have a slightly longer effective seat tube than quoted by Boardman. Have no fear, I shall have fun regardless! If this understanding is wrong then please correct it?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My understanding of the different measuring charts is that the effective seat tube and effective top tube are what govern the reach and stack of a bicycle. If a bicycle manufacturer quotes a seat tube that measures from C2T the same as the required effective seat tube then it can be a little confusing for a novice, especially if you don't know how a manufacturer measures their bicycles. So a 51.5cm Boardman bicycle will have a slightly longer effective seat tube than quoted by Boardman. Have no fear, I shall have fun regardless! If this understanding is wrong then please correct it?

The seat tube is sloping so the measurement is right ,these compact frame designs play havoc with traditional seat tube measurement for sizing

Top Bottom