Newbie intro and kit advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

TPS72

Manchester to Blackpool via Hell!

Really massive thank you to all for your kind advice.
Mancheester to Blackpool took me 6 hours. I never dreamt it would take me that long, I guess training would have been a good idea.
My arse and knees felt like they had razor blades inside. And still do.
I wasn't expecting it to be so windy, especially at Lytham were it felt like hell on earth. If I'd have experienced the type of wind at Lytham much earlier on I think I'd have been ringing the Mrs to pick me up.
If Lytham was hell, Haigh was heaven. I think I hit nearly 40mph down Haigh hill, gave me false hope that the race would be a doddle.
I don't think I will ever be so pleased to see a giant glitter ball again were the finish line was. What a sight for sore eyes (literally, I had sand in them).
Really pleased I did it, will keep up the cycling, with current Petrol Prices and a 2 year pay freeze I need to, and biking to work will now seem like I stroll in the park.
Cheers again.
Paul.

g00se

Veteran
WELL DONE! You deserve a rest now! Saw the weather forecast for your way yesterday. Those winds must have been horrible for such a long ride...

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
You made it. That's what counts. Well done. Give your body a few days to recover and you'll want to do it all over again.

Well, maybe not, but you'll soon find yourself eyeing up 30 milers and thinking "Pah... I can ride that, eeeeeeezy" Its amazing the things that are in range once you look.

Top Bottom