Newbie on a 2nd hand Raleigh X1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pretzal

Hello!

Hope you're all well.

My name is Sophie. I've been snooping and sniffing around these forums for a while and have found fantastic hints and tips along the way. I'm planning my first 2 day trip next month on my 2nd hand Raleigh - which I expect will be a challenge. But I'm very excited.

I've also asked for advice on how best to tackle slanted roads on the beginners forum!! (Should probably figure that out before setting off...haha).

In the meantime, if anyone has any advice on your first full 2xday ride, let me know! I'm looking to achieve 60 miles a day. The most I've done so far is 33! But hoping to build up to 50 before I go. I'm quite fit, and have always enjoyed long distance sports. I'm hoping I'll manage. But advice welcomed!

Finally - does anyone know much about the Raleigh X1? When was it made? Has anyone else had one? I got it from a 2nd hand shop and prefer it enormously to my heavy, slow BTWin! But I know nothing about it!

Thanks gang!

Sophie x

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Hello!

Hope you're all well.

My name is Sophie. I've been snooping and sniffing around these forums for a while and have found fantastic hints and tips along the way. I'm planning my first 2 day trip next month on my 2nd hand Raleigh - which I expect will be a challenge. But I'm very excited.

I've also asked for advice on how best to tackle slanted roads on the beginners forum!! (Should probably figure that out before setting off...haha).

In the meantime, if anyone has any advice on your first full 2xday ride, let me know! I'm looking to achieve 60 miles a day. The most I've done so far is 33! But hoping to build up to 50 before I go. I'm quite fit, and have always enjoyed long distance sports. I'm hoping I'll manage. But advice welcomed!

Finally - does anyone know much about the Raleigh X1? When was it made? Has anyone else had one? I got it from a 2nd hand shop and prefer it enormously to my heavy, slow BTWin! But I know nothing about it!

Thanks gang!

Sophie x
Welcome to the forum:welcome:

If you can do 33 miles in a day, 66 should be achievable. Eat a good breakfast before the start, and eat on the go, bananas, flapjacks and jellybabies are very good. Don't forget to drink either. Don't wait until you are thirsty, a little and often is the rule.

Top Bottom