Newbie on the Indoor Training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattk50

MattK50
Thanks. They all have such scary names. This is a big step up from a dumb trainer and an ipad you tube video.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
I have some really dumb questions I think. Setting up my new wahoo trainer, downloaded the sufferfest trial app. Two questions, how tight does the tyre have to be to the magnetic wheel initially? I guess the gears on the bike are now irrelevant but what gear should be the bike be in? Also, do I need to devise a structured training programme in sufferfest? I just want to cycle for an hour each day against other people starting at easy level and progressing through the ranks. I guess I am old and just want plug and play lol!

With the Kickr Snap, wind the blue knob until the roller is just contacting the tire, then use a magic marker or tape to mark the knob at the 12:00 position. From there, Wahoo recommends you wind it in two full turns. You may find you need to wind it a tad more from that position though, mine is a quarter turn more from that position, so two and a quarter turns from initial first contact.

Mattk50

MattK50
A spin down test did appear so I did that but it was on wahoo on my phone which connected to the trainer. But then I had to unconnect my phone so the trainer could 'talk' to the ipad. So if the trainer needs to connect to the ipad then how can it do do the spin down test each time? Do I need wahoo on the ipad instead rather than on my phone?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
A spin down test did appear so I did that but it was on wahoo on my phone which connected to the trainer. But then I had to unconnect my phone so the trainer could 'talk' to the ipad. So if the trainer needs to connect to the ipad then how can it do do the spin down test each time? Do I need wahoo on the ipad instead rather than on my phone?
Don't need to spindown every ride, install the app on your main device (ipad) and do it via that

Top Bottom