Newbie pedal clip question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marc donnelly

newbie to road bike ing I have these metal clips on my pedals what is the correct footwear I need to order for more comfortable bike rides many thanks marc

Attachments

• IMG_1375.JPG
    IMG_1375.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1376.JPG
    IMG_1376.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1377.JPG
    IMG_1377.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 71

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
AFDCEA64-7C34-4A99-8EC7-71B054F6FBF3.jpeg

They look like pedals that have had their toe clips and straps removed. I’m not sure how useable they are without clips as they are an odd shape.

Last edited:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
- not very useable without clips (and straps), and you may find clips for that type of pedal difficult to obtain (not the standard fixing). A new pair of pedals would be my choice.

Last edited:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I don't think they are 105( below), but possibly Wellgo. Similar to available cheapish RSP (Raleigh ) pedals/clips. The 105 toeclips might fit but I've had to chop them about to get them to fit similar early 1990s pedals (Lyotard?)

Attachments

• 5190199852_a17f6a9a79.jpg
    5190199852_a17f6a9a79.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
M

marc donnelly

View attachment 404514
They look like pedals that have had their toe clips and straps removed. I’m not sure how useable they are without clips as they are an odd shape.
thanks for the reply picture great help to me being a bike newbie..
I don't think they are 105( below), but possibly Wellgo. Similar to available cheapish RSP (Raleigh ) pedals/clips. The 105 toeclips might fit but I've had to chop them about to get them to fit similar early 1990s pedals (Lyotard?)

OP
OP
M

marc donnelly

I found some pedals with straps ordered them made by wellgo I think ,hopefully fit nicely thanks for the answers and help of offers. you are great guys on a fab website

If you haven't used toe clips and straps, avoid tightening the straps. Old school racing riders used to do that but now they use clip-in ( called clipless) pedal systems. Toe clips are a cheap and efficient halfway house between plain platforms and clipless systems but can be dangerous for newbies if cinched tight.

Top Bottom