Newbie Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveyDave

Ok guys, I know this is a silly question, but...

what is the difference between an audax and a sportive?.

redfox

About £50!

Zoom

Über Member
redfox said:
Okay, rather than use this to kick off the perennial beards & sandals v carbon & shaved legs slagging match, you might want to check out this thread which is reasonably balanced.

interestingly I rode an Audax yesterday which for the first time ever followed the same route at the same time as a Sportive (the Hampshire Hilly 100); I was overtaken (nothing new) by many riders; who were doing both events, and it was hard to spot the difference. Just cyclists out for a nice ride :blush:

ASC1951

Guru
Zoom said:
I was overtaken (nothing new) by many riders; who were doing both events, and it was hard to spot the difference.
The Audax riders all had mudguards and lights and the Sportives never raised their eyes off their computers?

TallPhil

The only sportive I have ever done (Wicklow 200 a few years back) seemed to me very similar to an audax, but with a lot more people at the start. Once I was a little way away from the start it seemed just the same. Got a few comments about my mudguards, though. And the sandals.

Noodley

TallPhil said:
The only sportive I have ever done (Wicklow 200 a few years back) seemed to me very similar to an audax, but with a lot more people at the start. Once I was a little way away from the start it seemed just the same. Got a few comments about my mudguards, though. And the sandals.

Socks?

TallPhil

Certainly not!

yello

Zoom said:
I rode an Audax yesterday which for the first time ever followed the same route at the same time as a Sportive (the Hampshire Hilly 100)

That's just plain weird... was it planned that way?

Top Bottom