Newbie thanks to the Martlets FNRttC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rebel Ian

Hi all,

Had to join after the Martlets FNRttC last weekend to say thanks so thought I'd hang around and introduce myself.

Ian, 43 (how did that happen?!). I cycled loads in my teens but only got back into it a couple of years ago in prep for a 220 mile charity ride at work. Followed that up with the London to Brighton last year, a Palace to Palace then a London to Paris last September.

Am based in Berkshire although spend much of my working week in and around Warrington so my training routes vary between the two.

Apart from a rubbishy old Halfords MTB bought years ago I have two steeds at present - a Specialized Allez which is a lovely bike to ride. I keep that 'oop North' to use during the week but on my Paris ride I fell in love with a Bianchi which one of the other guys had so bought one of these for myself at Christmas :thumbsup:

bianchi-c2c-via-nirone-alu-carbon-veloce-compact-54286.jpg

Hoping to get out and ride a bit this year so will look out for rides advertised on here and try and keep up. :thumbsup:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Hallo and welcome, odd how time catches up on you like that... :thumbsup:

bauldbairn

Hello and Welcome to the CC forums. :biggrin:

That's one very nice bike. :smile:

There are several Bianchi owners on this site. :smile:

Good luck with your cycling challenges.

OP
OP
Rebel Ian

Rebel Ian

catalan chris said:
Welcome. What a lovely looking bike. Trust you'll be getting all the celeste blue attire to match?!
Such a steed deserves some nice long summer sportives! Plenty coming up.
Speak again soon.

Ha! Celeste blue!!! A mate of mine who I cycle with is constantly telling me the Bianchi is blue and I tell him it's green!! On the FNRttC we probably spent 2 hours arguing about it :smile:. At the end of the day it's celeste as you say which is a unique colour. Still looks green to me though!!

OP
OP
Rebel Ian

Rebel Ian

GregCollins said:
Come to Southend on the FNRttC at the end of this month. Lovely bike btw.

Thanks, Greg - it is indeed a beautiful bike. It was one of those purchases that fell into the category of didn't need but absolutely had to have!

I can't do the Southend ride unfortunately as I'm away all next weekend drinking beer and watching ice hockey which means the following weekend I'll be building up the brownie points bank balance at home.

Are there daytime Sunday rides of a similar nature? Really enjoyed it and the organisation was amazing.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
your local CTC group will probably do something similar, distance and intensity wise, of a Sunday morning. You don't usually have to be a CTC member to try these group rides out so you can bowl up and give it a go. Generally very nice peeps to ride with and beards and sandals are not obligatory, and they know all the best pubs and cafes in their area.

But no other CTC ride matches the FNRttC 'vibe' imo.

Top Bottom