newbie wanting a cycling partner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zelly

Hi there,

I am new to the site and just thought i'd say hi :biggrin:
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post , but i am looking for a cycling buddy, preferably female, in the stoke on trent area, as i prefer company when out on rides. I am not a serious cyclist, it's more leisurely really, anything upto 15 miles at present, mainly main and country roads. If there is anyone out there who is of similar cycling ability, and who would like a cycling partner, please contact me. Look forward to hearing from someone soon. :biggrin:

Zelly

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Hi Zelly,

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty to amuse and inform you here and I've never come across anyone who bites. I can't offer to supply your request but I'm sure other worthies will assist. Best of luck and enjoy your riding.

postman

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome plenty to do and see on here.Do enjoy yourself.Also ask any question nothing is too silly.We were all new to cycling once.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Again, wrong part of the country for me... Have you thought of seeing if a local bike shop has a noticeboard (for clubs, second hand sales etc) and sticking a request up there?

And welcome!;)

DLB

Hi Zelly

i'd love to find a riding partner too but unfortunately i live in Rotherham :sad:. Hopefully you'll find someone on the forum from your area :smile:.

OP
OP
Z

zelly

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your replys, it seems i'm not the only one wanting a cycling buddy. I have put up adverts in the past with no success :biggrin:
User, i am a female, not a man with a lycra fetish,:smile: lol.
I'll keep looking, and hope you guys find yourself a buddy too. Take care. x

zelly

Tynan

Veteran
tried local cycle clubs? quite a few are very much more leisure/family orientated

friendlybike

Arch said:
Again, wrong part of the country for me... Have you thought of seeing if a local bike shop has a noticeboard (for clubs, second hand sales etc) and sticking a request up there?

And welcome!:smile:

I think this is a very good idea. I did the same myself when I moved here, and well it was easy enough!!!!:smile:
I started with a group of five, and now there is only the two of us doing the occasional ride on weekends. It is important that you have the same level of fitness more or less because otherwise noone enjoys it. :biggrin:
Hope you find someone soon!!!

Archie

Errrr.....
Hello Zelly,

If you join http://www.ctc.org.uk/ they will send you details of your local group and the rides they organise. You could join a few and maybe meet someone there.

Even so, joining a cycling organisation is a good idea for the 3rd party insurance cover they (usually) provide.

Good luck with the search and happy riding.

Top Bottom