Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

11rings

Morning guys and girls,

I've been looking to purchase a bike on the cycle 2 work scheme for some time, but keep putting it off due to the labyrinth of models available.

The bike will be used for commuting (around 8 miles on flat with some minor hills) and a mix of terrains on the weekends over trails etc., I want a combination of speed and comfort but have no idea where to start. A friend of mine is into his mountain bikes and recommended looking at models with rockshox and hydraulic breaks as a bare minimum, my budget is around £700.

Is there anybody that can point me in the right direction and give me some ideas?

Do appreciate it.

vickster

Legendary Member
Look at the Calibre models at Go Outdoor once they come back into sto but they may not take C2W.
Looks like your budget may be too small for a Rockshox fork though and most bikes are sold out right now.
Which C2W scheme can you use, ie which retailers?

Can your friend not suggest some bikes? :scratch:

Last edited:
OP
OP

11rings

Which C2W scheme can you use, ie which retailers?

Halfords, Tredz, and a number of independents in the Cardiff area.

Can your friend not suggest some bikes?

He has, but... he basically keeps suggesting his own which is around £1,100. I've tried my best to do my own research but there's so much on the web it is frying my brain. I've discovered hybrids recently and since I'll also be commuting on flat land I'm now wondering whether they are a more suitable option?

Izzy01

Hey there,
I reckon the bike you need is a "Giant Roam 2." I have one for doing the riding you're talking about and it's great! They're a hybrid bike, so you can do both road riding and a bit of trail riding too. I got mine quite cheap and it was in mint condition so I reckon you could find a good deal somewhere.

Top Bottom