Next bike- tourer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hoppym27

Ok..so I'm eyeing up a tourer to buy next year. Suitable for long rides and sportives...budget up to about a grand...any recommendations?

vickster

Legendary Member
Look at spa cycles for tourers, though Why do you need a tourer for your intended uses, are you planning to tour? Especially for sportives. The bike in your avatar will do what you need, unless you want a roadbike specifically

I'd get a Genesis equilibrium, love mine :smile: happily takes panniers.

https://www.freeborn.co.uk/genesis-2016-equilibrium-disc-10-bike

Could look at the tour de fer too

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Genesis Croix De fer. I have the CDF 20 and it is excellent for whatever I want to use it for. I am trying different setups for next years Transcontinental Race and have got a rack and panniers on it at the moment. If I were to keep one bike. This would be it.

Genesis Croix De fer. I have the CDF 20 and it is excellent for whatever I want to use it for. I am trying different setups for next years Transcontinental Race and have got a rack and panniers on it at the moment. If I were to keep one bike. This would be it.
Steve have you still got the Koga Miyata and if you have how does it compare Ted

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Surly DT
IMG_0913.JPG
IMG_0914.JPG

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Steve have you still got the Koga Miyata and if you have how does it compare Ted

I do still have the Koga World Traveller. The Genesis is more racier than the Koga but the Koga has better gearing for taking heavy loads up mountains. I have ridden the Koga around all the mountains in Majorca without any problem. You just sit and spin up them. You could load everything including the kitchen sink on the Koga.

I bought the Genesis CDF for the Transcontinental Race 2018. I do not intend to break any speed records. Just get to the end, at some point in time. I will be changing the gearing to help me spin up mountains and I will be using 28c tyres. But it is great on roads or tracks in my local area and you would have no trouble putting your tent and gear on it and going off for a couple of weeks touring.

I think I will end up selling the Koga and keeping the Genesis. I am trying to get down to 2 bikes and my scooter. The Genesis and the Koga are both excellent bikes though.

OP
OP
hoppym27

hoppym27

I like the look of both of those...Im not immediately in the market for one, its a few months away otherwise I would have gone for the ridgeback!

vickster

Legendary Member
I like the look of both of those...Im not immediately in the market for one, its a few months away otherwise I would have gone for the ridgeback!
There'll be a whole new range of bikes then potentially and deals on 2017 models. Plenty of time to get a shortlist and ride some

Top Bottom