NHS Direct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I'm just a waste of muscle.

But seriously.

I've found NHS Direct to be pretty ineffectual but generally helpful espesh viz Ms tdr1nka.
My local A & E,(Lewisham, South London)can also be a real mixed bag.
Two years ago I arrived there in a bit of a blind panic having obliterated my knee with an angle grinder. There was a lot of blood.

I was driven there post haste by my Boss and when I got to reception I hopped in and took a seat opposite.

My Boss told them what had happened and they asked for my details. But then suddenly fed up of my having to talk to me thru my Boss, the receptionist took umbridge and said she wouldn't process my details unless I went to her window. I hopped over and balanced myself with the gorey hand I had been compressing the wound with.
'That's an awful lot of blood!' she said, shocked.
'And only a limited quantity where that came from!' I replied, lost my balance and fell over.

Only then did she call for a wheelchair and have me sent through to see a doctor!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Slightly off topic, but a serious question all the same. I had an appointment with a Consultant Back Surgeon last Tuesday. As I walked out of the room he was dictating a letter re my further treatment. The GP has not received the letter yet, and the person I spoke to said it could take two to three weeks, for the letter to get to the Surgery and be acted upon. Part of the content of the letter would be a suggestion of a different painkiller. Can any of the people on here with any clue how the NHS operates explain why this takes so long?

I have now obtained the tel no of the secretary for that Consultant, only to get a message saying she is not available until 17 April, yes, April, not March?

Trillian

yes, you could go to A+E, your nearest is the one in birmingham (i live in coventry) or you could go to the doctors in the morning (this is 11am)

i ask which they recommend I do

we can't say that, do you have any way of getting to A+E

i could wake my housemate up, she'd do it but wouldn't be that happy with me, hence why i want to know if i need to wake her or if it can wait until 9am

they weren't much use really.

Top Bottom