NHS prescriptions by post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Whilst we have been away we have had the below dropped through the letter box

IMG_20230317_170156165.jpg

Currently all of our prescriptions are delivered by a local chemist and it works fine. But I can't see the postal service one working as well , can you ?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

View attachment 681967

Currently all of our prescriptions are delivered by a local chemist and it works fine. But I can't see the postal service one working as well , can you ?
It could be handy if you live in the middle of nowhere?

I could get my prescriptions delivered but it is only a 15 minute walk to Boots and back and I need the exercise.

vickster

Legendary Member

View attachment 681967

Friend of mine who has a lot of prescriptions uses it, works fine as far as I know (well until she lost the key to her external post box!)

presta

Guru
I considered it once, but was put off by the thought of chasing after stuff if it doesn't turn up on time, and I never did check whether you have to be there to take delivery if it won't fit through the letter box. I still call at the pharmacy on the way to Tescos.

tom73

Guru
Mrs 73 users one and it works just fine. Our local pharmacy is just pants either things missing, not ready for collection or staff that are just not cut out for customer service.

There was a note at our local pharmacy - from the Health Trust - saying that one of the ones that advertise a lot was not doing its job properly

can;t remember the details but it was basically just operating as if it is a version of ARGOS and not ensuring that all prescription are checked and authorised by a qualified Pharmacist
which they MUST be

Maybe this is all fixed
but I like to be able to talk to the pharmacist that knows us and is always there
and has our whole record available

ALso means we have easy access to vacines and advise - again from someone who knows us, has a private examination room available and has our record available

as said above - we could get everything delivered - but I need the walk/cycle so I just don;t see the point

JohnHughes307

Über Member
I have been using Lloyds direct, but I'm getting a bit pissed off with them. They often say they are waiting for things to arrive (things that should be available all the time, like Gliclacide) and this time they asked me, by email, whether I wanted to pay more for express postage. They then waited another eight hours before shipping, which would have got them to me a day earlier if they had just shipped rather than waiting for my non-response 😠

Buck

Guru
The problem with Pharmacy2U (and others) is that they operate a warehouse model akin to Amazon, under cutting your community pharmacy running costs which ultimately leads to CPs closing as prescriptions are their life blood. Then we’ll all bemoan the lack of pharmacies on our high street.

One of the reasons why Lloyds pulled out of Sainsburys and Tesco have closed a chunk of their in store pharmacies and so on.

Be careful what you wish for.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have been using Lloyds direct, but I'm getting a bit pissed off with them. They often say they are waiting for things to arrive (things that should be available all the time, like Gliclacide) and this time they asked me, by email, whether I wanted to pay more for express postage. They then waited another eight hours before shipping, which would have got them to me a day earlier if they had just shipped rather than waiting for my non-response 😠
Lloyd's are shutting up shop in the next few months.

presta

Guru
The problem with Pharmacy2U (and others) is that they operate a warehouse model akin to Amazon, under cutting your community pharmacy running costs which ultimately leads to CPs closing as prescriptions are their life blood. Then we’ll all bemoan the lack of pharmacies on our high street.

One of the reasons why Lloyds pulled out of Sainsburys and Tesco have closed a chunk of their in store pharmacies and so on.

Be careful what you wish for.

We've got 9 here in a town of about 40,000. They compete to see who can set up shop closest to the surgeries.

presta

Guru
They're being a bit slow at the moment. My surgery moved to the edge of town ~8 years ago, and nobody's followed it yet. The pharmacy close to the old one closed at the beginning of lockdown, and never reopened.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Convenient if you need standard repeat prescriptions. If anything goes wrong with that in any way shape or form then you're on your own, at least with Pharmacy2u, so I reorder when I am down to a month's supply.

Buck

Guru
And Pharmacies are more than just prescriptions. They are qualified in the diagnosis and treatment of many minor ailments that mean you don’t have to wait to try and get an appointment at the GP.

Many are signed up to the Community Pharmacy Consultation Service for the above.

https://psnc.org.uk/national-pharma...es/community-pharmacist-consultation-service/

If their diagnosis is out of their skill set they have the ability to get a patient referred same day into the patient’s GP.
Pharmacy2U don’t offer that .

Top Bottom