NHS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Good to hear gavroche.
There is not enough praise about the NHS and the people who work for it imo.

When ian jnr was seriously ill for a time last year, the medical attention he received in both St Thomas' London and Princess Royal in Bromley was absolutely brilliant.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Good luck!
I'm waiting for biopsy results on my endoscopy in January... it's only when you really need the NHS, and the procedures kick seamlessly in, that you appreciate how good they are.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm still not sure that allowing myself to be persuaded by the excitement of the doctor who examined the CT scan of my chest was the way to go ... :whistle:

She asked if I wanted to see it and I said no but she looked so disappointed that I changed my mind. She logged into my records and scrolled the image slice down through my chest until a big sausage thing appeared on the screen next to what looked like cross-sections of my heart and lungs. I asked what it was and she got really animated -

"That's the clotted artery - isn't it huge!"

"Er, I feel sick ...!" xx(

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Oh, and the point of my post was that the NHS staff were very friendly and did their best to put mind at rest when I was feeling very weak and scared. (Apart from when they were making me look at scary scan results! :laugh:)

Good luck gav and Archie!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I shall hold back my judgement at the moment. Getting the run round after my op. GP accepts my 'issues' aren't right, so I want a referral - whether I get it is another thing. Maggott you need to come and train the GP that opened me up. I asked about possible complications, "oh you'll have to speak to your urologist" - erm what urologist ? Now need to see one and can't get anywhere. :cry:

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
my wife says that cycling is probably the worst thing to do for prostate problems because of our position on the bike. What do you think? I have no intention of giving up cycling!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
my wife says that cycling is probably the worst thing to do for prostate problems because of our position on the bike. What do you think? I have no intention of giving up cycling!

Really doubt it - a well fitting saddle will be fine - I'm actually in more pain sat at the desk, than on the bike at the minute ! The GP advised I possibly should not be riding, I politely said get lost ! ^_^

[QUOTE 2173208, member: 76"]What a coincidence, I have spent two hours this morning training NHS staff how to make sure they give patients appropriate information when doing any interventions with patients, and that they gain their consent in the correct manner.[/quote]

I'm still not sure that allowing myself to be persuaded by the excitement of the doctor who examined the CT scan of my chest was the way to go ... :whistle:

She asked if I wanted to see it and I said no but she looked so disappointed that I changed my mind. She logged into my records and scrolled the image slice down through my chest until a big sausage thing appeared on the screen next to what looked like cross-sections of my heart and lungs. I asked what it was and she got really animated -

"That's the clotted artery - isn't it huge!"

"Er, I feel sick ...!" xx(

Perhaps you should refer your doctor to Maggot?

.. and what positions do the two of you use on the bike (remebering this is a family forum)

Top Bottom