nice commute this morning/ some motorists can be very considerate..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I went to bed an hour earlier than normal last night (11 instead of midnight) and and got up for the ride to work (5:15am) a lot more refreshed than normal, through the country roads i use, i had a couple of the normal considerate drivers behind me, who followed me up the hills, being patient and not trying to overtake when its unsafe to do so, i must say i am impressed by most of the motorists who use this route and i try to thank the kind ones where i can, for being patient.. when i got into the town where i work (stevenage) and joined the cycle track, i found out where a fellow rider who i overtake most mornings joins my route.. The big shock this morning was two BMW drivers, (i dont like BMW's, and often find the drivers are twerps) both of them stopped when crossing the cyclepath coming off a dual carriageway and going into their workplace, so that i could cross their path without stopping.. i thought this was also very considerate as i was going pretty darn slow and could have easily slowed a little more for them (i always check for cars, and like to think of myself considerate too), i did in fact slow down for the second, and let him cross first, but his intentions to wait for me were perfectly clear..

what i think makes this all the more surprising is that the other night, if i wasnt taking so much attention, i would have most certainly been hit (although defo under 15mph) by a honda civic (also dont like "jap crap" motors much) driver who pulled out of one of these same turnings without even looking along the cycletrack to see if i was there, though i do think this was genuine mistake as he seemed to apologise when i said "why dont you look whats coming before pulling out" - although i did have my earphones in (but low volume) so couldnt be sure..

Tynan

Veteran
yep, there's a good number of drivers around that are driving well and even better considerately

sadly though there doesn't need to be that many cretins to keep it dodgy

Maz

Guru
dantheman said:
The big shock this morning was two BMW drivers, (i dont like BMW's, and often find the drivers are twerps) both of them stopped when crossing the cyclepath coming off a dual carriageway and going into their workplace, so that i could cross their path without stopping...
Being cynical, but is it such a big shock? Any dangerous driving right outside their workplace and you'd soon be able to track them down. :rolleyes:

andyfromotley

lucky you dan, i have often sung the virtue of leeds based drivers but had three close shaves today!!! HGV squeezing me close, woman doing a left turn in front of me without checking and the old favourite of a bloke killing himself and his car to get past me then an immediate left turn.

Was a bit asthmatic this morning as well which didnt help and am generally a bit grumpy!!

andy

caesar

dantheman said:
honda civic (also dont like "jap crap" motors much)

Civics are built in Swindon aren't they? I had one of the latest but one models until January and it was excellent, and I've replaced it with another Honda. You need to watch out for the chavved up Type-R Civics though as they are often driven by boy racers.

OP
OP
dantheman

dantheman

Veteran
caesar said:
Civics are built in Swindon aren't they? I had one of the latest but one models until January and it was excellent, and I've replaced it with another Honda. You need to watch out for the chavved up Type-R Civics though as they are often driven by boy racers.

:ohmy::biggrin:it was just a generalisation!!!!!!- but as "jap crap" goes, hondas are probably the best...:becool:

Top Bottom