Nice companies to deal with.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Dang, can't remember the name of the company but this was really nice to hear. My partner bought a patio set (in short supply) and it arrived after 3 weeks which is what they stated. The chairs all had a small scratch down the back of them, so the company refunded her £80 and also sent a pot of colour matched touch-up paint. Also the parasol base arrived cracked in two, so they sent another one no questions asked (pics were provided for proof of course). This is the way it should be done!

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Dang, can't remember the name of the company but this was really nice to hear. My partner bought a patio set (in short supply) and it arrived after 3 weeks which is what they stated. The chairs all had a small scratch down the back of them, so the company refunded her £80 and also sent a pot of colour matched touch-up paint. Also the parasol base arrived cracked in two, so they sent another one no questions asked (pics were provided for proof of course). This is the way it should be done!
It's often how companies deal with problems that make you think good about them, isn't it.

It's often how companies deal with problems that make you think good about them, isn't it.
It is indeed!

A few years ago I bought a "Lume Cube" photographic light at a Photography Fair at NEC. Couple of years later, out of warranty, I had a problem with it. Emailed the company about it. Immediate response and no quibble replacement. Very satisfied and have recommended a number of times since

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Bulb energy. Great service. Easy to use website. They remind you every 3 months to submit a meter reading and you can change the amount you pay each month yourself. And when you submit a meter reading they tell you how much energy you have used and how much if any you are in credit.

Best thing I ever did was changing to them. Made me realise just how rubbish and god awful Scottish Power was. Dreadful company.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
SEAT [Pentagon] in Oldham... did exactly what they said they would and kept their word... shouldn't really be something to celebrate but it is pleasing when people do do things right.

[Rant] Isn't it incredible how many 'power' companies there are now... all charging roughly the same [give or take a couple of pence on the kWhr rate]... all of them 'price-matching' each other- no competition at all- none of them produce anything- none of them actually distribute the electricity and gas through the cables/pip[es to our houses and businesses. Privatisation has achieved nothing, except massive hikes in energy costs to pay shareholders and directors... and no investment. Yet, we think they do a good job when they don't sting us with small print T&Cs...
[Rant over]

kynikos

Veteran
SO Energy - when my meter stopped recording usage they helpfully ignored my request to fix it and did the same when the Ombudsman ordered them to fix it. Almost two years free electricity as a result.

Highly recommended...

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Specsavers. As well as selling what seems to me to be reasonably priced specs, with only a token amount of upselling, I've found their afterservice fantastic. Had my first pair of bifocals but after a good while decided I really needed the reader-distant join a good bit higher up.l the lens. Went back to order anew pair, which were duly made for me and when I went to pick them up I was told they were "on the house". I'd fully expected a bill for the replacements pair, as it's not as if they'd mucked up the first order as such. And more recently I'd bust a pair of specs so asked if they'd swap the lenses (which were still OK) into some older frames (same model) I had. I'd struggled to do it myself, and they again did this at no charge. I'd not have begrudged them a tenner, as it was a job for the guy and they have to pay for the shop etc.

Anyhow, well impressed by good service and fair dealing

Last edited:

All uphill

Still rolling along
It's sad that I've really had to think hard about the last time I had excellent service.

New bathroom - no, not them.
New suite covers - definitely not them!
Tree surgeon - not really.

Then I realised:
Our postie - always cheerful and helpful. Delivers letters, picks up litter and looks out for housebound people.
and
GP surgery - twice seen me at short notice recently.
A and E - sorted my recent problems out.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Two from me, one a while back and one quite recent.

Oakley - them of the sunglasses and such. I had a pair that I’d had for years, with prescription lenses. Whilst in India one of the arms just fell off. When I got home I went to the optician I had bought them from to see if I could get a replacement frame. They said that normally they charge around £90 for a replacement frame so I said OK and they sent them off for me. A week later I get a call from Oakley - your frame is discontinued but we have some lying about. Yours for £19 with your lenses fitted. I triple-checked they had said nineTEEN rather than nineTY and sure enough, that was what I paid. When they arrived they were even in a new, metal clamshell case too.

Hope - I have a R4+ light that I adore. One night after a few years of service in any and all conditions it just failed to turn on. I contacted them to see if they could repair it. They asked me to send it to them and they’d let me know. The light was well out of warranty and after an admittedly lengthy wait with no update, they returned it to me all working, for nothing. It’s still going strong now.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Remembered another one: Pelikan who make heavy duty waterproof cases for equipment like cameras and what not. They are quite expensive but their guarantee jokingly says "not valid against bear attack or use by small children". I had a small back up torch ( AAA batteries) which I carried in the chest pocket of my caving suit. Eventually I broke it lying on it once too often. It was clearly battered by this point and didn't owe me anything but I sent it back with a letter asserting it hadn't been used by small children or bears and they sent me another brand new one. We also had one of their cases made up into a battery pack for running a drill underground; the built-in batteries didn't last long enough so we'd modified the drill to operate via a cable to the Pelikan pack. It got dropped down a 40 foot pitch and was badly damaged. Despite us having cut a large hole in the case for the hefty connector for the cable (the reason it broke most likely) and it having been dropped forty foot onto rocks, again, they gave us another without question. The cases are quite expensive but they totally back up their lifetime guarantee however abused the items are. I guess the marginal cost of making an extra case is negligable compared to setting up the
mould and machine, so the reason that once you've paid once, they're happy replacing. And of course, they get word of mouth reccommendations like this as a a result. It would be near impossible to break one with sensible use to be honest

Top Bottom