Nice companies to deal with.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've bought several items from https://www.brooktaverner.co.uk/jacket-collection/all-jackets/kilnsey-lime-stripe-jacket-5214a.html Hum,i've seen that stripey blazer somewhere before.🤔 ;) I've sent a few back due to the item not fitting correctly and the refund is always in my bank account a few days after returning the item,unlike some who seem to hold back the refund for as long as possible. Also,they always send a complimentary suite bag/cover with jackets. I've emailed them when returning jackets and they always say 'keep the suite bag'. Yes i know they probably stick the cost of the bag on the item,but it's a nice thought out touch.:smile:

Last edited:
Octopus Energy, just simple fast response. Really refreshing.
+ 1 for the simplicity of dealing with Octopus.
(before I was with npower!)

dodgy

+ 1 for the simplicity of dealing with Octopus.
(before I was with npower!)
We're in a new (to us) house, so on Day 1 we were with the previous owner's provider (EDF), then a few days later we changed to Bulb then a couple of months later (after our neighbours showing us their electricity costs with Octopus) we moved energy provider yet again!

EDF were completely and utterly useless, easily the worst experience with an energy company in my entire memory. They couldn't get the bill right for the previous owner and it took 4 attempts to get it right, tried to overcharge us by £200 EIGHT TIMES! I had kept detailed records and knew what was going on. Thought it was sorted on yet another phone call, then a week later, you guessed it - another woefully inaccurate bill.
I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, the contrast between EDF and Octopus is on another level. Bulb were just simply competent, no more or less.
tl;dr sign up with Octopus, you will not regret it.

postman

Legendary Member
Endura sent me a new cycling jacket when the zip failed on my old one. The jacket was out of the warranty period but the nice Scottish woman on the phone told me that they'd been supplied with a batch of unreliable zips so were ignoring the warranty limit and replacing any faulty goods free of charge. :smile:

In the bad old days of computer monitors made with CRT technology rather than LEDs, I had an expensive 17" monitor which failed several months out of warranty. Another nice woman on the customer service line told me that my records must be wrong (they definitely were not)... the dead device still had one month of warranty left, so she would 'correct the error' - thanks, Iiyama! :okay:
Was it Amanda by any chance.

Drago

Legendary Member
Tesco mobile.

Extremely competitive pricing, and on the rare occasion one needs the call their customer services the end result is always first class.

Zippo.

The still do the unconditional lifetime warranty, and they don't quibble.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ok,lets turn this round and complain about bag of shoot companies! I ordered 2 items off this lot last week.
https://www.atomretro.com/mens
I've tried to phone them,but they will not answer the phone or reply to my emails. They use another bag of shoot company to deliver their parcels to their customers. That bag of shoot company is dpd! Yesterday i received an email off them telling me they'd tried to deliver my parcel,but couldn't,so they were going to try again today. They don't give a delivery time option on their site,so you are at their mercy when it comes to delivery times. Today they tried to deliver my parcel at 7.30am! Yes,7.30am!! Then they left another infuriating 'sorry we missed you' card and just fecked off! So what i do now i just do not know!

Both Atom Retro and DPD are absolutely fecking useless!!!:angry:

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Ok,lets turn this round and complain about bag of shoot companies! I ordered 2 items off this lot last week.
I've tried to phone them,but they will not answer the phone or reply to my emails. They use another bag of shoot company to deliver their parcels to their customers. That bag of shoot company is dpd! Yesterday i received an email off them telling me they'd tried to deliver my parcel,but couldn't,so they were going to try again today. They don't give a delivery time option on their site,so you are at their mercy when it comes to delivery times. Today they tried to deliver my parcel at 7.30am! Yes,7.30am!! Then they left another infuriating 'sorry we missed you' card and just fecked off! So what i do now i just do not know!

Wrong thread.. This is for nice companies to deal with. Plenty of places to post re cr4p companies.
Ta

vickster

Legendary Member

You always used to be able to arrange to collect from a DPD parcel shop...
or you could just get up earlier ;)

I've never had issues with DPD myself as they do offer convenient options

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
DPD parcel shops
https://www.dpd.co.uk/apps/shopfinder/

I’ve always been given the option to switch home drop off to parcel shop collection, there are half a dozen or more within a mile of home, many open until late.
Look at the tracking link
It's just sending me round in circles! Yes,i've found a local shop they use,but it doesn't tell me how to contact them to tell them to leave it there!!😠

Top Bottom