Nice day - sons birthday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willow

We had a nice day today. DS1 12, early get up 5.45! Pressies brekkie and off to school/work (the bad bit!) Back home and his grandparents (ex in laws) came to tea (party food style), after which we watched some DVD of the boys when they were babies (just had videos transferred to DVD), compulsive viewing speaking as a parent and boys were fascinated by it. Then his dad came and stayed for a couple of hours which was bliss, he brings the best out in me and it felt like old times. Now both boys tucked up in bed having had a lovely day. ;)

Dave5N

Über Member
And breathe!

Sounds like a great day. Treasure the memories now.

We have so many ordinary days - special days like this are all the more precious. I have to say, your description gave me a very warm glow.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sounds lovely.

Whenever I go to visit my nephew, I take loads of photos and videos - just of him having his meals and stuff. I've found he's fascinated watching them back on the camera screen. I've no idea if he recognises himself (he's only 15 months), but on one of them we'd said "say bye!" and he did, and then when he watched it, he said "bye!" again and waved! It was soooo cute.

He'll be terribly embarrassed when he's 15 though...;)

OP
OP
W

Willow

mickle said:
Are you still holding out for the ba***rd Willow love?

Not really, but it's nice to feel that way and for the boys to see we can enjoy each other even now. I'll never regret my time with him and am only sorry that I was blind to the fact I was losing him. The reality is he is a part time father, probably always was. He is great with the boys when with them but also wants to do his thing and you have to make comprises when you have children. Our time would have come in a few years and he didn't want to wait.

OP
OP
W

Willow

Uncle Mort said:
Nice one Willow! How did you transfer your videos in the end by the way?

Earlier in the year when my Aunt died I found some slides of me and siblings when we were young. I found a firm on the net and had the slides transferred onto dvd. So the tapes we had already edited and put on video I got back from ex, contacted said firm who initially wanted £80 to transfer 5x 3 hour videos and provide 2 sets of dvds (one set for ex's xmas pressie - I've been waiting since April for him to transfer them for my birthday present!). In the end I got them down to £69. Posted them Tuesday last week and they were back within the week. I have one camcorder tape definitely not edited but as it happens I have just bought a bit of kit for work to enable us to see a nestcam on computer and I think that will enable me to transfer and edit the remaining tape.

Willow said:
Not really, but it's nice to feel that way and for the boys to see we can enjoy each other even now. I'll never regret my time with him and am only sorry that I was blind to the fact I was losing him. The reality is he is a part time father, probably always was. He is great with the boys when with them but also wants to do his thing and you have to make comprises when you have children. Our time would have come in a few years and he didn't want to wait.

Willow I would like to hug you for that post. Well said chick.

Top Bottom