nice find and local

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
answered ad in local paper , somebody was asking for offers on a 24" gents 10 speed tourer , expecting to be told it was a modern day bso , i was amazed to be told it was a mid 1950's Dunelt gents racer , so agreed to go round later .

came away with a 1 owner from new complete bike in a ride able state , that original owner tells me is 531 tubing under neath a layer of hand applied paint .

also picked up a proper wheel truing stand , so all in all a good night .

will post some pics 2moro

then decide what to do with the above as to many projects at mo , so might just take of what i want and offer rest .

You do find 'em biggs, sounds like it should be a good 'un :thumbsup:

sidevalve

Über Member
Up to you of course but if the bits are original it seems a shame to strip it. If you really really can't find space / time to restore it just do a bit of research into it's history / specs etc and pass it on, there's always someone looking for a project.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
from what i remember about last night only frame , forks , gb chromed stem and bars are original which is what the seller thought as well .

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
well have had a better look today and still more than happy , see pic below , anybody fancy a project if so let me know .

dun.jpg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
just took both racks of and swapped over wheels as original tyres were sha@@ed it tips the scales at just over 11kg so nice and light , wanted to go for a spin but torrential rain along with thunder and lightning it can wait

avalon

Guru
Very nice, looks as if it has been used for some serious touring at some point. Would be good to see it brought back to it's former glory.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
bit more cleaning and checking tonight and i have discovered the bars are clearly stamped Reynolds Hiduminium on one side and what looks like Pelessier ? on other side along with a chromed GB spearpoint stem , even managed a gentle 1.5 mile ride round the block and it rides very nice so looks like it will get sand blasted and powder coated some time .
but in mean time its light testing miles on commute and being used on hols next week .

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
well impressed by this great find used this week for tootling along prom and around caravan site all running nice , even uncovered stem to find its a chromed GB 531 item

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
quick update have spent some time today taking this down to just frame and forks so my lbs can strip bottom bracket and headset out ready for its trip to be blasted and powder coated . frame and forks incl bottom bracket and headset tipped the scales at just over 2 kgs so nice and light .

also stripped down a Sun Truewell thats having same work done to it as well , a bit annoyed re this 1 as it had a bottle cage fitted to down tube held on with 2 self tappers , so have 2 extra holes in it . this one tipped scales at closer to 3.5 kg .

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
both off to be bead / sand blasted 2moro and then powder coating later in week , cant decide on colour yet . the suns fr forks were half chrome to start with and after some nitromoors i found a complete set of nice chromed forks from crown to tip so well impressed

Top Bottom