Nice little jaunt today and a question!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

levad

Veteran
I don't do leisure rides very often but at the moment we are staying in Wimborne Minster for a long weekend. I have brought my bike with me and today, whilst the otherswere off to the beach, I went for a pleasent ride.

I took the Castleman Trailway from Wimborne to Ringwood, then a B road down to Mudeford, across on the ferry to Hengitsbury head and the followed the Promenade from Christchurch, through Boscome and Bournemouth to Poole. I stopped for a while on the beach near Sandbanks and played cricket with Lady and the boy levad before rejoining the Castleman Trailway back to Wimborne. 42 miles on my Surly Crosscheck with Marathon Plus tyres, I was very pleased with their performance on the off road stuff.

Now the question ... I have seen that tomorrow is the Great Dorset Bike Ride from Dorchester, is anyone from here doing this and what is the best route to take from Wimborne to Dorchester? I do not know the back roads!

Keith Oates

Janner
Nobody replied levad, so I guess none of the people that read your post were familiar with the area, however you can no tell us how you got on and whether or not it was a good ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
levad

levad

Veteran
Indeed. I ended up not doing the Great Dorset Bike ride, I spent the day with the family going round the Arne RSPB site and then off to Swanage and the ferry back to Poole. Very nice day.

I did do a quick 20 miles on Monday morning Wimborne, Ferndown, West Moors, Three Legged Cross, Holt, Furzehill, Wimborne (again this won't mean much to folk not from that area!).

Top Bottom